1. Yes, it's a whole new look! Have questions or need help? Please post your question in the New Forum Questions thread Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seeing tons of unread posts after the upgrade? See this thread for help. Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice

Do you allow your cats to roam outdoors?

Discussion in 'General Chat Forum' started by KTdid, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTdid

KTdid Well-Known Member

The Siamese cat that's always talked about here on this forum showed up on on my patio, badly scratched up and bleeding. This cat is quite the bully, so if you have cats that roam in and around the area of Vestals Gap, Wesley Terrace (?) and Harvest Green you may want to check it for bites or wounds. Some cat out their obviously put up a good fight with this siamese and will probably pay dearly for it.

2. Mr. Linux

Mr. Linux Senior Member & Moderator Forum Staff

I saw this cat in my driveway on Saturday afternoon! He just stood there as I pulled up in my car; I was surprised how he slowly took his time getting out of the way, like he was taunting me to even try to hit him.

I could have sworn I saw a collar on the cat, but I could be wrong. I'm just across from you in the townhomes on Autumnwood Sq, on the other side of the wooded area off Vestals Gap.

3. lilpea

lilpea Member

KT - since the Siamese cat is mainly brought up by your kvetching and I am starting to think you are truly obessed with feral cats or outdoor cats:screwy: in the hood.

...did you at least call Animal control to help the poor bleeding bully out?

4. GeauxTigers

GeauxTigers Member

He could have gotten into a fight with our friendly neighborhood raccoons.

This is almost certainly the same cat that used to make visits to my low windows downstairs (before I covered them) to pick fights with my indoor-only cat. I've stumbled across him in my garage a couple of times. He takes off once he sees me, but he is fairly daring.

5. napper

napper New Member

It was probably raccoons. My cat was attacked by a family of four raccoons last week. The raccoons were trying to get in the house and she put up a fight. I hope the siamese cat is ok. Since it's feral, it probably doesn't have it's rabies shot.

6. KTdid

KTdid Well-Known Member

Oh, and what about your "obsession" with feeding stray dogs "boneless chicken breast" Pleeeze. :pofl: Get off of your high horse. I was simply posting (what I thought) was helpful information for cat owners in the community. Besides, do you really care whether I called animal control? Based on your snide remarks, I doubt it:nono:

7. KTdid

KTdid Well-Known Member

Many months ago he was wearing a brown flea collar, so my guess is he belonged to someone once.

I hope your cat is okay.

8. GeauxTigers

GeauxTigers Member

Perhaps his injuries weren't from another cat or even a raccoon. Maybe the Siamese cat just said the wrong thing to the wrong forum member :happygrin:

9. lilpea

lilpea Member

KT - on a CONSISTANT basis you levy rather nasty mean spirited attacks to me...and then you have the audacity to claim I am on a high horse? LOL. I am SICK of your double standard & immature post

Your post is just another fine example of your double standard - who's really on the high horse now?

Now go take a chill pill and put me on your ignore list. As for your comments - I'm not obessed w/ dogs I just happen to be a nice to stray animals and try to help them - rather than complain about feral animals. Get over yourself.

10. napper

napper New Member

My cat is fine, just a few puncture wounds on her back. She was put on antibiotics and given a Rabies booster. Two weeks ago she was shot with a pellet gun and survived that. We try our hardest to keep her in, but she gets out sometimes and it takes forever to get her back in. She's been and indoor/outdoor cat for 13 years, so she's not taking it too well that we lock her in.

11. KTdid

KTdid Well-Known Member

So put me on your ignore list then.

Why don't you stop playing the "poor me victim" card whenever someone defends their person against your crass remarks. Your post had no value except to demean me and the "poor bleeding bully" .

Boy, one would never guess this thread was about a stray siamese cat:scaredeyes:

12. Silence Dogood99

Silence Dogood99 New Member

Talk about a catty thread and post. Whoa.

13. lilpea

lilpea Member

LOL - oh the irony of it all:pofl:

14. qzpmal

qzpmal New Member

Hey Pea - looks like KT is "all up in my grill too" tonight - what gives?

When you have a moment, as I know your feeding lil pea his late night bottle, take a look at the pepper thread. Bad kitty bad, looks like KT has no love for the pea pod tonight.

FWIW - I hope the cat is okay and gets medical treatment for the cuts it has.

15. neilz

neilz New Member

I agree ... MEOW !!

16. latka

latka Active Member

While I have no fondness for KT.....The pea started this one.

17. Silence Dogood99

Silence Dogood99 New Member

As a neutral observer for once, I agree. Where the heck did that attack come from, like a feral cat hiding in the bushes...

18. deusexaethera

deusexaethera New Member

Oh goody. :shakehead:

I just found out about this forum, and I need to clear up some misconceptions:

1. The cat is mine. His name is Mojave. He is the cat that used to wear a black collar, then a blue collar, then a brown one.
    2. It sounds like his long-lost brother was hit on Waxpool Road a few months ago. He was the one who wore a black collar, then a blue one.
    3. Mojave is vasectomized; he can't reproduce.
    3. His shots are all up-to-date.
    4. He doesn't wear a collar because he tears them off within days.
    5. He is microchipped and registered with HomeAgain.
    6. I knew he was getting in fights with raccoons and the like; I hope he hasn't also been getting in fights with other domesticated cats.
    7. Yes, I do let him go outside. No, I am not insane. Cats are much more interesting when they have something to talk about.

That said, I am aware that last Friday he was trapped by someone in the vicinity of Huntsman Square (I think) and carried off to the pound. I went and got him on Saturday, and suspiciously kept him inside until the PETA van parked on the next street over drove away; then I let him outside again, to take care of his business.

I haven't seen him since. One of my neighbors says she saw my cat having a windowfight with her cat on Sunday morning, and nothing after that.

I'm hoping the gunshot I heard on Sunday afternoon wasn't directed at him.

Anyone have any news of his whereabouts as of Sunday 08/10/2008 or more recently?

19. napper

napper New Member

I, too, thought I hard a gunshot on Sunday. I was on my deck and my first thought was for MY cat, who was in fact shot by a pellet gun a couple of weeks ago. I've been trying to keep her indoors, but she escapes whenever I open the door. I DO make sure she's in at night, though, because of the raccoons.

I hope your cat is ok. I'll keep my eyes open.

20. deusexaethera

deusexaethera New Member

Fire drill's over, I found him. The little s**thead was sleeping in the woods behind one of my neighbors' houses; nice of him to let me walk all over hell's half-acre calling for him when he was nearby all along. I think he's going to be spending the next few days inside, and he's going to wear a collar if I have to sew it on.

Well, at least I burned some calories during the 25-some miles I walked this weekend.

Just a tip: when I need to get out without the cat getting out, I pick him up and hold him while I step outside, then I toss him in and shut the door real quick.

- - -

Anyway, I just want to assure everyone that the male Siamese cat you've all been seeing is domesticated, is vaccinated, and is allowed to go outside -- or was...we'll have to see how things work out after all this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.