|04-04-2011, 03:12 PM||#1|
Proud Broadlands resident
Join Date: Oct 2009
Sun Solaris Hardware/Unix Engineer in Washington, DC
G&B Solutions, Inc. has an opportunity for a Sun Solaris Hardware/Unix Engineer in Washington, DC.
The ideal candidate must possess advanced skills in Sun hardware repair, solaris OS, basic unix administration, and HP server abilities for high performance data center. Must have experience operating in a data center environment and being a lead technicain responsible for all solaris hardware.
• At least four (2) years experience in customer and user service, either in person, over the phone, or both.
• At least four (4) years experience with Microsoft Windows client operating systems.
• At least three (4) years experience with Sun Solaris operating system
• At least three (3) years experience with commercial office automation software
• At least four (4) years experience in network operations and support. At least one (1) of these years must have been spent supporting a LAN with a minimum of 500 nodes
• At least three (3) years experience in diagnosing and resolving PC, server, and printer problems.
• Experience with Dell workstations and laptops, HP and Compaq servers, Sun servers, and Hewlett-Packard printers
• At least three (3) years experience configuring and installing network switches
• Virtualization on Sun hardware a plus
G&B Solutions, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of VSE Corporation, is a high-end Management Consulting and IT Solutions company. We serve as trusted advisors to senior executives across the Federal Government. Our cornerstones are enterprise-wide business and technical architectures, IT security, and IT infrastructure support. We provide flexibility and quality solutions to our customers. Please feel free to visit our website for more information at www.gbsolutionsinc.com.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V) that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. No phone calls, please.
For immediate consideration, apply online: http://careers.gbsolutionsinc.com/Careers.aspx?adata=wCNRyzoxs4oSKRMNlSB3s5pxBNrh3N9 jNN6%2fl9vj7UiwrwPjRHqnWHxsq%2fo7p%2fNWPwUDJhVvnMN g0L7TjjGZ3A%3d%3d