1. Yes, it's a whole new look! Have questions or need help? Please post your question in the New Forum Questions thread Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seeing tons of unread posts after the upgrade? See this thread for help. Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice

housekeeper

Discussion in 'General Chat Forum' started by saleonar, Oct 31, 2006.

1. saleonar

saleonar New Member

Does anyone have any experience with a true housekeeper? We currently utilize a cleaning service weekly, but I am interested in finding someone to come in a couple times a week for a couple hours for more than just cleaning. Any recommendations? Any info on general price for this type of service?

Please, no commentary regarding having someone else help "keep up" our home.

2. lilpea

lilpea Member

We have used H & R Maids for several years and have been very happy with them.

Below is a link to their web-site. Ask for Tony (he is the owner, tell him the Cotti's recommended their service)

http://hrmaids.com/contactus.htm
    571-259-6064

Our house is about 4400 Sft (3 levels 4BA 4Br) and our cost is about $100, they usually send 3-4 girls and it takes them about 3 hours. I grew up an Army Brat and I am use to the White Glove inspection. Needless to say H & R passes my high standards every time.

I looked into a private housekeeper and found that many of them are not Bonded,Insured and/or Licensed, plus their cost was about the same as H& R
    Best of luck.

3. 24around

24around New Member

Is the $100 per week/ biweekly/ or monthly?

4. lilpea

lilpea Member

it's twice a month, if we want them to come every week it's around $85

5. jjenkins

jjenkins New Member

I have them come once a month for $125. HR Maids is great!

6. db103

db103 New Member

H&R Maids must have too may customers to want additional business. After seeing previous recommendations on this board I used them once and was pleased with the price/service, I recommended them to a family member - they did not return the call for over a week.

I called on two different occations to set up recurring service. The first time they returned the call a week later and I already had called someone else. The second time they never returned my call.

Maybe others will have better luck.