1. Yes, it's a whole new look! Have questions or need help? Please post your question in the New Forum Questions thread Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seeing tons of unread posts after the upgrade? See this thread for help. Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice

Broadlands Hospital

Discussion in 'Broadlands Community Issues' started by joy, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Lee

Lee Permanent Vacation

You know what it is in your back yard, so I will be like most who cares any more. Have them build this ugly building so if at one of you happy hours you get too wasted at least there is a close place for you to go:happygrin:

I am through with this discussion and I will go back to drawing pretty pictures so when you all are stuck in traffic perhaps you will have something nice to look at occasionally:happygrin: Doubt it will be the hospital that will be nice to look at :happygrin:

You all live in dream land if you think this hospital is going to make your property values go up and all this extra business is going to line everyones pockets. Well see what happens in three to five years. :happygrin: By the way the homes I have designed over the last twenty years barely went down in value according to the tax accessors. So good design does pay for itself:happygrin:

2. Mr Rogers

Mr Rogers Active Member

Wow,
    (Please look at the bold in your post)
    Judge not lest you be judged yourself, brother.
    Unless you forgot, I recently resigned from a 6 digit position. My decision to leave was based on a boss who lacked principles. He did not place value on the individual's ability to contribute to an organization, and has coerced 8 of 17 managers into resignation in a period of 9 months.

Lest you think that I have no heart, and live in a NIMBY world, I would rather have a soup kitchen in the Broadlands than a hospital.

My derision toward churches is based on my own experiences. Being berated and chided is not my idea of spiritual growth. My extremely sensitive daughter was in tears at the end because the priest stated that he was revolted by the number of symbols with whick people adorn their bodies. In his sermon, he stated that the only acceptable symbol for a Christian is the cross. My daughter was wearing peace symbol earrings that day.

Finally, I do not look for any organization to "save me." Not the government, not businesses, and not religious establishments. Our only salvation is from other individuals. I believe in the power of a single voice, a single person, a single action.

As a Christian, I hope that understand the power of an individual, and open your heart to the possibility that "one" can make a difference.

3. lilpea

lilpea Member

wow...that didnt take long for your return.;)

4. Mr Rogers

Mr Rogers Active Member

Not here to debate the hospital anymore, just to defend myself.

5. lilpea

lilpea Member

then keep your spiritual convictions off the hospital thread TMI :hijack::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

6. Silence Dogood99

Silence Dogood99 New Member

You are correct and i was wrong about one thing: I should NOT have made the statement about living in your pathetic world. That was wrong and I apologize. It was entirely hypocritical. I try to be an honest hypocrite :)

I am sorry your daughter had such a terrible experience. Just don't want us to throw the baby out with the bath water when there are so many good people volunteering time and giving in those same places.

I will PM you so we don't get scolded for taking this thread down a wrong path. I hope you will accept my apology.

7. Mr Rogers

Mr Rogers Active Member

Why didn't you call Silence on that?

Listen, I tried to debate the dang hospital on the facts and my own opinion of the hospital project, but others throw disparaging remarks about people's character, political affiliation, religious beliefs, etc.

I think that it is well within my rights to defend my character in this post, if others want to make personal attacks.

So don't try to "put me in my place"!

8. Silence Dogood99

Mr. Rogers, with all due respect, maybe you shouldn't have veered off the hospital argument with this great line:

"Churches also seem to follow the scent of money."

That cynical view, along with your presumption that HCA was only choosing this area because of the relative affluence here, did deserve to be disparaged. But I should not have personally disparaged you, that's all!

9. lilpea

lilpea Member

b/c he already took responsbility for his words towards you and offered a sincere apology.

Don't feed the trolls. Frankly if stating facts is disparaging then people need to change their actions.

I've been on the end of some pretty heated personal attacks and thrown a few around myself. FWIW - I am sorry that your daughter was brought to tears by a spiritual leader - that was just wrong. the irony is that you and I share some similar beliefs.

If you state solid facts or a concrete agruement about the hospital then go for it. I dont put people in "in (my) place" - people put themselves their with their own comments.:devil2:

10. T8erman

T8erman Well-Known Member

Lee, this is just an assinine statement.

The constitution states that "people are CREATED equal", it makes no mention or garauntees that people ARE equal or should be TREATED equally.

11. T8erman

The real risk begins after they go to market. Medical, insurance, oil and many other companies need to maintain a LARGE war-chest for the myriad of just and unjust lawsuits that they must battle every year.

And for some certain types of industry, the judgements against them can be and often are astronimical!

12. Lee

Lee Permanent Vacation

What are you talking about mr t8:happygrin:

I did not say any of your quote.

:happygrin:
    You got me mixed up good buddy!!!!!

Mercury is in retrograde the communication planet perhaps that is what is going on here. :happygrin: It will be fine at the end of the month. I think the 28th of February:clap:

13. T8erman

Breathe deep in through nose, exhale out through mouth

Repeat several times

ooooooohhhhmmmm, ooooooohhhhmmmm, ooooooohhhhmmmm

14. T8erman

RETRACTION!!

This was meant for you Silence! And hells bells, I even read it wrong to boot! ARRRGH! :D

Sorry Lee!

15. Silence Dogood99

T8erman, I think you have to undo your retraction. This was Lee's original quote.

I agree with you. Although it is the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution, that declares that "We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness..."

There is no guarantee of equal results or outcomes. Apology accepted :)

16. Lee

Lee Permanent Vacation

hey guy that made my day ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah :clap:

see i told you all mercury is in retrograde the communication planet. ha ha ha ha Oh by the way this is going to happen all month until the 28th or so :happygrin::happygrin: so threre

17. Silence Dogood99

Don't get too excited, Lee, his post was meant for you. Because you do not honestly believe this country was based on equality.

If you did, then you would practice what you preach. You would sell your expensive house and give half the proceeds to the poor. You would design as many homes for the working class as you do for the "rich doctors" and other wealthy people you design for. Or are you just like most well-meaning liberals who want to take money from OTHERS to help the poor?

18. T8erman

Realized my historical faux pas too late to go back and edit. Trying to post AND work at the same time (hate when works gets in the way! :D)

19. Lee

Lee Permanent Vacation

Ok lets stop this what is a win win.

Lee j wants great design :clap::clap::clap:

Others want another hospital and few disagree with this except the location seems to be the big issue.

So how is this whole thing solved to everyones benefit.

We know basically this hospital is for the ones with great insurance or they have nothing. Is there a place for a hospital that will drain the ones without insurance.

I think this is an national issue not just here.

This area has done well because most around here live off others tax dollars, what about the people in other parts of the country that don't get the benefits from an hospital that is going to live off the government and government contractors health insurance . Silence you keep saying the government should not interfere in peoples lives yet they government is interfering here. Why because they have the best health insurance plans and that is why this hospital wants to be built here in the land of the government employees and their contractors because their insurance plans will make sure this hospital is unsuccessful. Why not build it where it will do the most good like Africa etc where there is all the real health problems.

20. Lee

Lee Permanent Vacation

mercury is really getting in the way today meant successful not unsuccessful down below :happygrin:

Lee j