1. Yes, it's a whole new look! Have questions or need help? Please post your question in the New Forum Questions thread Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seeing tons of unread posts after the upgrade? See this thread for help. Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice

Washington Post reporter looking for families to talk to

Discussion in 'General Chat Forum' started by Tara Bahrampour, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Tara Bahrampour

Tara Bahrampour New Member

Hello forum members,
    My name is Tara Bahrampour and I'm a reporter for the Washington Post, covering Loudoun Co. I'm looking to find some local people to talk with for a couple of stories I'm working on related to the economic downturn. If you fit into either of the below categories and would be up for talking about it, I'm very interested to hear what your experiences have been. You can reach me at tarab@washpost.com or at 202-629-7991.
    Also, if you know people not on this forum who might be interested in replying, please feel free to forward this message to them.
    Many thanks,
    Tara

1. this is a story about a family that has had to make a choice or a series of choices -
    deciding what they can afford to stop doing versus what they can't live
    without. for example, they decided to stop skating lessons but are
    still paying for piano lessons; or they decide to pay for braces but not
    acne treatment; or they decide not to do christmas and instead save the money to go on vacation over the summer. the format would be largely the family members
    speaking, in their own words, about what the experience has been like for each of them.

2. this is an article about people who have lost their jobs and are home
    during the day, affecting the schedules and routines of their family who
    was used to only seeing them on nights and weekends. are they getting
    underfoot, are they helping out around the house, do they feel out of it,
    does their presence during the day make family life easier or more
    complicated - or both? i'm looking for the perspective of people on either end of
    this - the newly-at-home, the spouse who has had to rearrange schedules
    based on the change, the kids' point of view, etc.