1. Yes, it's a whole new look! Have questions or need help? Please post your question in the New Forum Questions thread Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seeing tons of unread posts after the upgrade? See this thread for help. Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice

Solar Attic Fan???

Discussion in 'Homeowners Corner' started by Capricorn1964, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Capricorn1964

Capricorn1964 Well-Known Member

Are Solar Attic Fans good and are they permissible in the Broadlands area or must they be the regular electric ones? Just wondering if the Solar ones are better? Anyone have preferences over electric or is this a moot question due to HOA not allowing them?

2. Mike-and-Kim

Mike-and-Kim Member

Just taking a quick look on Google and remembering somewhat what ours was rated for they are around 300W, which I doubt you would get from a small solar panel like they put on those fans. I'd try to figure out if they can move enough air.

3. Capricorn1964

Capricorn1964 Well-Known Member

That is probably the reason why I don't see more of them on people's roofs...Im thinking its a tad too small...and having an electrical one may do the job better....

4. Roofer911

Roofer911 New Member

I would definitely recommend electric over solar for now until the product can be improved. It takes two solar attic fans to equal the pulling power of one electric.