1. Yes, it's a whole new look! Have questions or need help? Please post your question in the New Forum Questions thread Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seeing tons of unread posts after the upgrade? See this thread for help. Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice

Broadlands to Mark Center (BRAC133)

Discussion in 'Community Carpool Connection' started by GeorgeSC, Sep 7, 2011.

1. GeorgeSC

GeorgeSC Southern Walker

Looking for someone to carpool to the new Mark Center.

PM me to details.

Thanks.

2. hberg

hberg give me some of your tots

How long does it take you to get to the Mark Center? I may have to start commuting to there in Feb.

3. GeorgeSC

GeorgeSC Southern Walker

Not looking forward to it, but I will find out tommorow :mad:

Just to make it even more interesting, I was one of the lucky ones that did not get a parking permit :angryfire:
    So I have to take a shuttle from WFC to the Mark Center... lovely
    so based on the bus schedules. it looks like it might take me about 1.5 hours one way, where as when I was commuting to the Crystal City it was only taking me 35-45mines one way... what a PITA.... Federal Gov't/DoD messed this whole thing up! people are going to be very upset and start looking for other jobs.

4. KTdid

KTdid Well-Known Member

You can thank Mr.Rumsfield for that.;)

5. GeorgeSC

GeorgeSC Southern Walker

After several days of trying a different couple routes, quickest way to get to the Mark Center from Broadlands is to drive.

I was able to get a parking spot at one of the near by parking garages, about a 10 min walk. So total time driving to that garage is about 50-55minutes and then a 5-10 min walk So you looking at about a total of 65 minutes (on a good day)

The route I take is 28S to 267E(hov) to 66E(hov) to 27W to 395S to Seminary Rd to N Beauregaurd St to Mark Center Dr

6. KTdid

KTdid Well-Known Member

I'm at Skyline Complex, one mile from the Mark Center and my commute is usually 40-45 minutes (if I leave by 730)...Greenway, Dulles Toll, Rt 66, Glebe/Ballston (if traffic is heavy, take the West Falls Church exit to Seven Corners/Rt.7, one exit before 71.

7. Lisa

Lisa New Member

Let me know if either of you all are interested in carpooling sometimes. I work in Skyline area as well.

8. KTdid

KTdid Well-Known Member

I'll consider it if or when my work schedule becomes more static.