1. Yes, it's a whole new look! Have questions or need help? Please post your question in the New Forum Questions thread Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seeing tons of unread posts after the upgrade? See this thread for help. Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice

Any Pediatrician Recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Chat Forum' started by Murph3M, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Murph3M

Murph3M New Member

Giving birth to first child in a few months, and I am starting to look for Pediatricians. I am looking for any recommendations in the Ashburn/Sterling area.

TIA for any help.

2. Liz Miller

Liz Miller New Member

We use Ashburn Pediatrics. It's a relatively large practice with about 9 doctors and a Nurse Practitioner.

They have walk-in sick visits on weekday mornings and they are open Saturdays for sick visits only (call first!)

We've been very happy with them in terms of the care they take with our son and in terms of their accessibility when he's sick.

3. mrsb

mrsb New Member

Ditto the Ashburn Peds rec. They came to the hospital and checked out both of my babies when they were born, too. Drs. Pierce and Carroll are my favorites.

4. smheese

smheese New Member

We're happy with Loudoun pediatrics, across from the hospital, lots of docs and nurses and easy to get an appt. Walk in sick visits too.

5. mckmak23

mckmak23 New Member

We use Reston Pediatrics. They have a location in Sterling (on the other side of the Dulles Mall). We see Doctor Rodrigues, but have seen other doctors for sick visits. They have a great practice, friendly staff and make it very comfortable to ask questions.

Good Luck!
    Karen

6. luftinarr

luftinarr Member

Make us the third for Ashburn Pediatrics. We left Pediatric Healthcare for Ashburn Pediatrics. Hours are way more convenient as is the location.

7. Villager

Villager Ashburn Village Resident

If you have a family doctor that you use and like, you might see if they treat children. We looked for a pediatrician for our child and settled on our family doctor, which is designed to treat everyone. We're very happy with Broadlands Family Practice.

From my experience and what I hear, if your child doesn't have any specific medical issues, the family doctor is just as good as a pediatrician. If your child has any special conditions, maybe a ped is the way to go since they specialize in that.

Good luck with the new child!

8. moffat5

moffat5 New Member

We really like Pediatric Healthcare in Sterling (off of Potomac View Rd. near the Kohls store). There are a few doctors in the practice, as well as a few Nurser Practicioners, all of whom are WONDERFUL! If your child is sick, you can usually get in the same day. They are really good at reminder calls for appointments, and are WONDERFUL with the kids. Their phone number is 703-444-2100.
    Good luck on your search!

9. tiff78

tiff78 Broadlands Resident

Dr. Cohn with Broadlands Family Practice is our GP and peds doctor. He came to the Birthing Inn when our son was born (just three weeks ago!). At the time when our little one was born, Loudoun's Birthing Inn said Broadlands Family Practice did not have privileges with the hospital but they were wrong. They do have privileges with the hospital and the staff posted a note in the nursery stating that fact.

Broadlands Family Practice is a wonderful wonderful wonderful office!!! Never had a problem with them. We've been with them since 2004... but this year has proven to be the worst, in regards to health, for my husband and myself... and they've been fantastic. They've practically held our hand throughout the year with every horrible medical issue that popped up.