1. Yes, it's a whole new look! Have questions or need help? Please post your question in the New Forum Questions thread Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seeing tons of unread posts after the upgrade? See this thread for help. Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice

Washington Homes - windows, etc.

Discussion in 'Homeowners Corner' started by Echogirl, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Echogirl

Echogirl Member

Just saw an old post about the latches on Washington Homes windows from August last year and thought I would share a few things I have learned about Washington Homes.

Windows - Made and installed by Home-Kim Group
    10103 Residency Road
    Manassas, VA 20110
    703-330-3300

I purchased replacement plastic latches (they slide in and out) and metal pins (bottom of window) they break off like crazy (unscrew broken one and screw in new one). Can't find receipt at the moment, but they were about 75 cents for pins and $2.00 for latches. I also had a piece of trim around window break off. Home-Kim sent someone to the house to fix it.

Siding/Shutters - installed by Home-Kim but made by Norandex
    7380 Gallerher Road
    Gainesville, VA 20155
    703-753-8814

Exterior Paint colors - Duron

Hard Wood Flooring - Mannington California Plank (if they are the grooved ones) Washington Homes advertised they used Bruce Flooring, but found out they were Mannington.

2. simonds2k4

simonds2k4 New Member

Thanks - our latches broke and we never did find ones that work.

3. fsparker

fsparker New Member

Had similar situation with Washington Homes windows manufactured by Home-Kim... we checked spring latch prices and found repacement latch prices had risen considerably (approx $5/latch). I found identical latches @ www.swisco.com for half the price. Our particular windows use latches 26-243 (left) and 26-244 (right).