The American Red Cross will be hosting a blood drive at the Broadlands Community Center on Friday, August 30th from 1:00-6:00pm.
- Did you know that 1 pint of blood can save up to 3 lives?
- Did you know that the American Red Cross supplies approximately 40% of the nation’s blood supply?
We need your help!
We will soon be hosting a blood drive with The American Red Cross and we need your help to sign up as soon as you are able to with regards to your schedule. We would like to have a significant number of you make your life-saving appointment at least one week in advance of our drive. By signing up ahead of time, The Red Cross is able to ensure that they have enough resources available to sustain the drive.
Due to the increasing daily need for blood, we are asking that you consider giving approximately one hour of your time to make a donation for this very important cause.
The local hospitals and trauma centers rely on the projected amount of units each day. Please help us meet our goal by scheduling your appointment ahead of time and by attending your scheduled appointment on the day of our drive.
Facts About Blood Needs:
- Every 2 seconds someone in the US needs blood.
- More than 44,000 blood donations are needed every day.
- A single car accident can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
- More than 1 million new people are diagnosed with cancer each year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.
Tips for Donating:
- Make an appointment – helps us know in advance when you are coming
- Hydrate – drink plenty of fluids the day of your donation
- Wear something comfortable – sleeves can be rolled up
- Maintain a healthy level of iron in your diet before donating – if possible include iron rich foods in your diet
- Bring either your donor card, driver’s license OR two other forms of ID
- Bring a FRIEND – so you both can enjoy the benefits of giving blood
- RELAX – donating is simple and very safe
- Hydrate more
- Avoid heavy lifting or exercise
- Accept our most sincere THANK YOU!
Do you have eligibility questions?
Call Donor Services at 1-866-236-3276
See you at the Blood Drive!
Donate blood or platelets in August and received a coupon for a Dunkin Donuts medium iced coffee and donut.