SNOW REMOVAL GUIDELINES IN BROADLANDS
- Move cars from street parking to garage/driveway to allow plows plenty of room
- Bring in your Thursday trash and recycle bins, so they aren’t in the way – or buried.
- It’s a big storm – give the crews time to reach your street.
- Be sure to contact the appropriate plowing company – see Snow Removal Guidelines
- When clearing your driveway, pile snow to the sides, so the plow won’t push it back into your driveway.
- Clear sidewalks in front of your house as soon as possible (it’s the law).
- Be mindful of your neighbors, please pile snow where it won’t be a nuisance.
More info on winter weather from VDOT: http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/snow.asp
The Broadlands Association is not responsible for removing snow or treating state or county maintained (VDOT) roadways. The Association is only responsible for clearing snow from paved parking areas in townhome neighborhoods and HOA maintained roads in the community. Snow removal will be performed when an accumulation of 2 inches or more has fallen on the ground. Please click the following list to find out if VDOT or the HOA maintains your street, which numbers to call with questions, and guidelines on snow removal: SNOW REMOVAL LIST AND GUIDELINES