Due to equipment malfunction, the Southern Walk pool is currently closed. We are working diligently to reopen as quickly as possible, but locating the needed parts over the holiday weekend is difficult. Summerbrooke and Community Center pools remain open as scheduled.
We are excited to announce the launch of the Broadlands Mobile App to help you stay updated and informed on important community announcements and events.
Some of the exciting features included on the app are:
- Announcements – stay current on important activities and events in the community
- Notifications – receive alerts related to the pool, community events, emergencies, trash and recycling and general announcements (you choose the alerts you wish to receive)
- Calendar – shows all the upcoming neighborhood events
- Pool Pass – allows you to add your pool pass to the app. Present it to the lifeguard and never worry about forgetting or losing your pool pass again! Parents: you can also add your kids’ passes to the app
To download the app, go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store on your mobile device and search for “Broadlands HOA.”
If you have any questions or comments about the app, please contact Dan Mattock of the Technology Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
App Flyer: Broadlands HOA App Announcement
Patriot Disposal will NOT be providing ANY trash or yard waste pickup services on Monday, May 29th, Memorial Day. The I-95 Fairfax County facility had to close its facilities due to a fire and therefore the Fairfax County facility on I-66 has stopped accepting out-of-county trash. The Loudoun County landfill is closed on Memorial Day and without the I-66 facility, Patriot Disposal does not have a location to unload the trash. Trash pickup will resume on Thursday that week and yard waste pickup will resume on Monday the following week.
Supervisor Ron Meyer is hosting a Town Meeting for Broadlands on May 23rd at 6:30pm. It will be held at Eagle Ridge Middle School in the cafeteria. All issues regarding Broadlands and Loudoun County in general are welcome to be discussed.
Due to the threat of significant snowfall overnight Monday into Tuesday and the safety of staff and volunteers in getting safely to and from the board meeting, the meeting has been postponed until Tuesday, March 21st at 6pm.
Trash and Recycling Holiday Schedule: Service schedule will not be impacted on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day since both holidays are on Sunday this year and therefore services will be provided as usual on the Monday following each holiday. However, Patriot Disposal’s offices will be closed.
Christmas Tree Collection: Christmas trees will be collected on trash collection days during the weeks of January 2nd and January 9th. All tinsel and decorations must be removed and trees should NOT be placed in plastic bags.
For the holiday trash schedule, click HERE>>
We will begin our annual fall fertilization treatment Monday, November 18. HLS uses “pesticide” signs to indicate where the fertilization treatments will occur in the common areas. Flags will be placed once the fertilization treatment has been put down.
- The HOA Offices and Nature Center will be closed on Friday, November 11th for Veterans Day.
- The offices will also close at noon on Wednesday, November 23rd and be closed on Thursday, November 24th and Friday, November 25th in observance of Thanksgiving.
Please see the holiday trash and recycling schedule HERE>>
Due to the forecast calling for heavy rain over the next couple of days, HLS will not be mowing the common areas or courtyard homes. If the soil becomes too wet, HLS will have to reschedule mowing until next week in some areas to prevent damage to the turf. Normal mowing schedules will resume next week.