5.15.20 NOTICE FROM PATRIOT DISPOSAL REGARDING CHANGE IN SERVICES:
Effective Monday, May 18th, Patriot Disposal will continue with regular yard waste collections and resume bulk/special item pick-ups, with the following limitations:
Yard Waste Collection:
- The number of bags that will be picked up per home has been increased from 3 to 5.
- All yard waste must be placed in paper bags or in a rigid container clearly marked “yard waste.” Yard waste in plastic bags will not be picked up.
- Bundles or loose branches placed at the curb will not be picked up.
- Residents are limited to a maximum of 5 bags of yard waste per home per pickup.
- As a reminder, unaccepted materials include tree stumps, food waste, lumber, treated wood, pallets, sawdust, dirt, mulch and sod. Please do not mix any of these materials in with your yard waste.
Bulk and Special Item Collection:
All residential customers can now begin scheduling bulk and special item collection with the following limitations:
- Advance notice is required for all items by phone at 703-257-7100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There will be a nominal charge of $25.00 and up per item for bulk items such as small furniture and mattresses to cover the additional handling costs that we incur due to COVID-19.
Due to the increased volume being generated at curbside and the attempt to minimize risk to their employees, the following changes will take place effective Monday, April 6th:
- All trash or recycling must be containerized to avoid risk to the employees. Residents who have extra trash or recyclables that do not fit into their containers must be kept until the next collection day. No bagged or loose trash/recycling placed next to the containers will be collected.
- Please read full notice from Patriot Disposal>>
Yard Waste Update Effective April 13:
Following discussions with Loudoun County officials, Patriot Disposal will amend their yard waste service offering effective Monday, April 13th, 2020. These changes coincide with the county’s by-laws. Here is how Patriot Disposal will operate:
- yard waste will be collected every Monday at curbside
- 3 bags per household limit on Mondays
- all material must be in paper bags…NO Plastic will be collected
- No bundles or piles will be collected
- Safety remains the top priority
Due to inclement weather, no trash collection services will be provided on Monday, January 14th. Collections for the remainder of the week will be on a normal schedule.
We apologize for any inconvenience, should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call our offices at (703) 257-7100.
Patriot Disposal Services has suspended all trash and recyling collection services today at 9:00am, Thursday March 5th, due to dangerous road conditions.
They will be collecting both trash AND recycling on Monday, March 9th (and on Thursday, March 12th) as a make up.
Please be careful and stay off the roads today so the plows can clear the roads safely and efficiently.