Date(s) - 06/27/2016 - 07/01/2016
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Broadlands Nature Center
Join Jason Drevenak, primitive skills expert and founder of North American Bushcraft and Erin Fairlight, head naturalist of Broadlands, for a week of living in the wilds right here at the Nature Center and surrounding forests.
- Camp runs June 27-July 1, 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday-Friday for ages 9-14.
- Campers will build shelters, satchels, tools, cordage, bows & arrows, and create water filtration all from the materials in our neighboring forests.
- Other activities campers will learn: Build fires without matches, create emergency wilderness medicine with our local plants, forage for food, learn tracking, tree, animal, and insect identification.
- Campers will learn about the skills and tools Native Americans and early frontier people utilized daily to produce food, shelter, water, music and thrive off of the land. All activities are designed for the group to begin and end together, no one is first or last; we do every thing as a team. By the end of the week all campers can expect to have created several crafts such as their own wooden spoon, buckskin leather bag and a basket made from native materials.
- $400 per camper (with special discounts for siblings. please contact naturalist@BroadlandsHOA.com for modification in pricing for families)
- $40 for additional sleepover/BBQ night on Thursday, June 30th
Registration for Camp Wilder Skills will open March 1st and close April 1st. There are only 12 spots available Camp runs 8am-5pm, M-F with additional BBQ/Sleepover on Thursday.
WAIVER – MUST READ BEFORE REGISTRATION IS COMPLETE
You are required to read the Broadlands/Bushcraft Waiver – PDF in order to complete your registration. By checking off the Read Waiver box in the form below, you agree to the terms within this waiver document.
Booking Form: https://www.broadlandshoa.org/events/camp-wilder-skills/
Bookings are currently closed for this event (registration has not opened yet or registration has closed)