The Virginia Forward Safer at Home Guidelines for Phase Two allows for certain amenities to reopen, please click to review the current status of our amenities READ>>
Due to the impact of COVID-19, Broadlands Association, Inc. is modifying the Modification Design Guidelines for the pools in 2020. Residents desiring to temporarily install a small pool higher than 2 feet or training pool, must submit an application and comply with the general guidelines for pools. In addition, these pools must conform to Loudoun County fence requirements for pools that require a closed type vertical barrier not less than four feet in height above ground surface, which will prevent the smallest of children from getting through. If the pool will be removed by September 30, 2020, additional screening for the pool will not be required. Turf must be restored when the pool is removed. Please review the Design Guidelines page for additional.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: If you are a graduate that would like to participate in the car parade, please review the guidelines, waiver and pre-register HERE . Line-up your vehicles at the Southern Walk Pool parking lot starting at 1:00p.m. and get ready to be celebrated as we head out at 1:30p.m.
With Loudoun County entering Phase 1 of the Governor’s Forward Virginia plan for reopening, Broadlands will reopen the nine outdoor tennis courts on Friday, May 29, 2020. Playgrounds and basketball courts will remain closed. The Stillwater and Rickenbacker courts were crackfilled and resurfaced this month with fresh color coating so we are proud to unveil those just in time for reopening. All participants are reminded to abide by social distancing guidelines and best practices identified by the Commonwealth of Virginia, found online at www.virginia.gov/coronavirus/forwardvirginia/. The rules of use for the Broadlands Tennis Courts can be found online at www.broadlandshoa.org/amenities/tennis-courts/
Tennis Lessons Update from Prime Time Tennis Academy, DETAILS>>
The following is a notice from the Broadlands Board of Directors and Management providing an update to the status of Broadlands Amenities PLEASE READ>>
Trash services will run on a normal schedule.
Sidewalk repair work in Broadlands is being done by VDOT. Some areas have been left with issues such as holes and will have to be corrected at a later date because their contractor had to take workers and equipment out of commission due to COVID-19. If you have questions or concerns, please direct them to the following contacts:
5.15.20 NOTICE FROM PATRIOT DISPOSAL REGARDING CHANGE IN SERVICES:
Effective Monday, May 18th, Patriot Disposal will continue with regular yard waste collections and resume bulk/special item pick-ups, with the following limitations:
Yard Waste Collection:
- The number of bags that will be picked up per home has been increased from 3 to 5.
- All yard waste must be placed in paper bags or in a rigid container clearly marked “yard waste.” Yard waste in plastic bags will not be picked up.
- Bundles or loose branches placed at the curb will not be picked up.
- Residents are limited to a maximum of 5 bags of yard waste per home per pickup.
- As a reminder, unaccepted materials include tree stumps, food waste, lumber, treated wood, pallets, sawdust, dirt, mulch and sod. Please do not mix any of these materials in with your yard waste.
Bulk and Special Item Collection:
All residential customers can now begin scheduling bulk and special item collection with the following limitations:
- Advance notice is required for all items by phone at 703-257-7100 or by email at email@example.com.
- There will be a nominal charge of $25.00 and up per item for bulk items such as small furniture and mattresses to cover the additional handling costs that we incur due to COVID-19.
Due to the increased volume being generated at curbside and the attempt to minimize risk to their employees, the following changes will take place effective Monday, April 6th:
- All trash or recycling must be containerized to avoid risk to the employees. Residents who have extra trash or recyclables that do not fit into their containers must be kept until the next collection day. No bagged or loose trash/recycling placed next to the containers will be collected.
- Please read full notice from Patriot Disposal>>
Yard Waste Update Effective April 13:
Following discussions with Loudoun County officials, Patriot Disposal will amend their yard waste service offering effective Monday, April 13th, 2020. These changes coincide with the county’s by-laws. Here is how Patriot Disposal will operate:
- yard waste will be collected every Monday at curbside
- 3 bags per household limit on Mondays
- all material must be in paper bags…NO Plastic will be collected
- No bundles or piles will be collected
- Safety remains the top priority
Avoid any rush in the future and take advantage of this time to register for the pools by visiting the new online registration portal, Cellbadge.com/Broadlands/register. For details on how to register visit, www.broadlandshoa.org/pool-information. The registration process is simple and can be done in just a few steps:
- Create Household Account
- Acquire PIN
- Add Household Members
- Email Photos
Due to the Stay At Home Order, we are now accepting electronic copies of photos. Just email your acceptable photo(s) and we will import them into your household pool records.
Got A Graduating Senior? Shine the spotlight on your graduating high school and college seniors in the June newsletter by sending us their photo and celebratory message. Send us your senior’s photo and a message of 25 words or less to firstname.lastname@example.org .