1. Yes, it's a whole new look! Have questions or need help? Please post your question in the New Forum Questions thread Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seeing tons of unread posts after the upgrade? See this thread for help. Click the X to the right to dismiss this notice
    Dismiss Notice

Shopping plaza at Chickacoan/Truro Parish

Discussion in 'Broadlands Community Issues' started by vacliff, Nov 26, 2003.

1. vacliff

vacliff "You shouldn't say that."

Hi Folks-
    Spoke to Tetra Partnerships to get an update on their shopping plaza being built by the Circle K. Here's the latest.
    The building currently under construction will have 10 slots on each floor. So far, the first floor will consist of:
    Dry Cleaner, Nail Salon (gee, there's a surprise!), All State Insurance, Pan Asian restaurant, Hair Salon, Pizza Parlor (not a chain pizza place), and an upscale Grill/Pub. This leaves 3 slots available.
    The second floor is sold out: Family Practice Doctor (James Ditaranto is moving from Ashburn Village) will occupy 4 slots, pediatric dentist, general dentist, orthodontist (2 slots), chiropractor, ERA Realtors.
    They are close to signing a bank for the drive through corner pad.
    The other pad, which will be to the east of the Mobil station, is unsold, but they are trying to get an ice cream shop there.
    Opening is planned for mid-late January.
    Cliff

2. joy

joy New Member

Thanks Cliff! I remember that we were going to get word on the style of lights they were going to be having, but don't remember hearing anything. My family would very much appreciate dark-sky-friendly lighting like in the church and Boyd School parking lot. It's very exciting to hear about the pizza place and pub. Just the type of thing I heard neighbors were looking for.

--Joy

3. vacliff

I did ask them about lighting previously. They didn't have any specifics, but stated it would be similar to the lights within the community. By that I mean lights that are directed downward to minimize the glare. No spotlights.
    Cliff

4. bttaybor

bttaybor New Member

Cliff,

how can we make recommendations to Tetra for the ice cream shop? :)

5. JenCo

JenCo New Member

Another question. Can we PLEASE get a mexican place in Ashburn? How many asian places does one town need? Seriously!

6. Tech Head

Tech Head New Member

I agree - how many Asian restaurants can they build? We need good Mexican (no, Taco Bell doesn't count)!!

7. vacliff

bttaybor-
    They are actively pursuing an ice cream shop. If you have any ideas, you can call Tetra at 703-620-2500.
    Cliff

8. Tech Head

Tech Head New Member

A Baskin-Robbins/Dunkin Donuts would be nice!

9. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson New Member

Doughnuts! Ummmmm......

10. bttaybor

bttaybor New Member

11. vacliff

Homer and Tech-
    I had already talked to them about a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins store. That site would be perfect for it. Tetra contacted them, but they were not interested. When I spoke to Tetra last week, they were going to try them again. Now that the site is filling up, they might be interested. One can only hope!!!
    Cliff

12. hberg

hberg give me some of your tots

What about a Krispy Kreme or a bakery?????

Okay - a Starbucks. Only kidding.

13. Tech Head

Tech Head New Member

Ben & Jerry's?? Hershey's??

14. JenCo

JenCo New Member

Seriously, is it that hard to drive across the street to get Hershey's? Please I'm so sick of duplicate stores. :D

Although an actual Ben & Jerry's (as opposed to the mall kiosk) would be fun. Maybe a frozen custard place, don't know if there are any around here.

15. brim

brim Member

Krispy Kreme would be excellent, but the traffic generated by that would be more that I would care to deal with on a daily basis...for the first couple of months at least.

...on the other hand, it may get more cops in the area to partol the 'dangerous' streets of the broadlands.

16. tyger31

tyger31 Member

I love Asian food, but I agree, there's WAY too many of them in Ashburn. Would I ever love a Mexican restaurant as well!!!!

17. brim

brim Member

How about something like a Fuddruckers or maybe even a decent fast food place like Wendys?

18. vacliff

The rumour mill has it that Wendy's may go in by the Safeway.

19. Tech Head

Tech Head New Member

"The rumour mill has it that Wendy's may go in by the Safeway."

SWEET!!!

20. neilz

neilz New Member

Wait a second, isn't it a rule that you can't have a strip mall without some sort of Asian restaurant ??

:)

About the Ben and Jerry's, they have a territory rule that a francisee must be able to open 3 or more locations an an area. At one time, you could not locate another francisee within 30 or 40 miles of another, not sure if that is still valid. However, the only way we're going to see a Ben & Jerry's is if we talk to the guy who owns the kiosk in the mall and persuade him that he'll make money in a store.

Right now, at the kiosk, it doesn't look like he has much overhead other than mall rent, supplies and payroll. With a store, he'd have to worry about heat, A/C, water, sewer, etc.