- DEMOTT TOWNS – MAP 3: Work started this morning for “AREA A” streets and will be finished by tomorrow. Vehicles towed were relocated to Summerbrooke Pool. “AREA B” streets 10/20-10/21; “AREA C” streets 10/23-10/24. The Forest Edge speed bump will be painted on Saturday as the material needs more time to cure so the paint will adhere and hold up to vehicular traffic.
- SUNDIAL, BEXLEY, SUNDANCE – MAP 5 : “AREA B” streets 10/20-10/21, “AREA A” streets 10/23-10/24
- UPCOMING STREETS – These are PROJECTED DATES ONLY and may change due to weather conditions or other issues: Map 2 – Southern Walk; Map 4 – Overland Park; Map 6 – Thornblade; Map 7 – Bankbarn; Map 8 – Villas; Map 9 – Broadlands Station
- Map 1 Phase C will begin Monday 10/16 at 1:30pm. Please remove all vehicles from this area.
- The crack fill for Map 1 Phase A will be done within the next 4 weeks. The crews were unable to do the crackfill on phase A because it rained the morning they were scheduled to crackfill and paint, so they got the lines painted early and then reopened the lots before the rain. They will be back to crack fill this area at the end. They should not need to close down the lots do to the crackfill.
- If needed, fire lanes will be repainted after all rejuvenation is completed.
- DEMOTT TOWNS: Referring to MAP 3 work will be performed on “AREA A” streets 10/18-10/19; “AREA B” streets 10/20-10/21; “AREA C” streets 10/23-10/24
- SUNDIAL, BEXLEY, SUNDANCE: Referring to MAP 5, work will be performed on “AREA B” streets 10/20-10/21, “AREA A” streets 10/23-10/24
- VILLAGE TOWNS & MILFORD SINGLES: Referring to MAP 1 work will be performed on “AREA B” streets 10/13-10/14; “AREA C” streets 10/16-10/17
What to expect and other info:
- Day 1: 7:00 AM Crews will close streets with barricades and yellow caution tape. A towing company will be called to relocate any vehicles remaining on the road. Streets will be blown to remove debris and rejuvenator product will be applied. A smaller machine will cut in the edges near the curb, followed by a larger machine that will apply the product to the bulk of the roadway.
- Day 2: 7:00 AM Crews will apply crack sealing and paint parking space stripes street by street until complete. The areas will reopen to traffic as soon as the rejuvenator and paint dry, typically within a few hours.
- All work is weather permitting. The pavement must be 100% dry at least 2 hours before, all during, and for at least an hour after the application is complete.
We post updates from the contractor as soon as we get them and appreciate your patience during this project. Questions may be directed to email@example.com or 703-729-9704. For more information about the rejuvenation process, please review the TRITechnology website at https://www.tritechnologiesasphaltrejuvenation.com/.
- “AREA A” is complete and streets are open to drive on.
- ‘AREAS B & C’ of Map 1 are on hold as of 10/10 due to expected precipitation 10/11 and 10/12. Please stay tuned to the website and push notices from the app for updates when these areas will be blocked for work. The pavement must be 100% dry at least 2 hours before, all during, and for at least an hour after the application is complete.
Due to the weather, asphalt rejuvenation for Area A of Map 1 streets in the Village Dr and Milford Dr sections will begin on Tuesday, October 10 and continue into Wednesday, October 11. All vehicles must be removed from the streets and parking spaces, otherwise they will be towed at the owner’s expense. Please click on Map 1 to determine which streets are part of Area A. We will continue to post updates based on upcoming weather conditions.
The Nature Center and HOA offices will be closed Monday, October 9th for Columbus day. Trash and yard waste will be collected Monday on a regular schedule.
The Stone House tennis courts are scheduled for refurbishment beginning Monday, October 2, 2017 and will not be usable for approximately the next 4 weeks during construction, weather permitting. The courts will be temporarily striped in November to facilitate winter play, but the final color coat will not be applied until temperatures allow for it in the spring.
The path near Chickacoan Trail between Sundance and Cattail Meadow was treated for large wasps. The location is noted below. Please stay away for the next couple of days until the area is clear. Orange cones were placed near the area of the tree that was treated. The treatment was sprayed on the tree and not the path, but please note it is harmful to pets if ingested.
If you are trying to reach FirstService Residential for HOA assessment and account related questions, please be patient as some of their call centers have been affected by the latest weather conditions.
As Irma is tracking to Florida, the Customer Care Center has moved all calls to the Nevada center. The volume for the Customer Care Center will be extremely high due to Haley and now Irma, which will make call times longer than normal. FSR realizes the importance of homeowner inquiries, so the Nevada center has added team members to assist with the volume.
The Nature Center and HOA offices will be closed Friday, September 1st and Monday, September 4th for Labor Day. Pools will be closed for the 2017 season beginning Tuesday, September 5th.
PLEASE NOTE: NO trash or yard waste service on Labor Day.
MAKE UP DAY FOR YARD WASTE ONLY: Wednesday, September 6th
This is an update from prior postings in the newsletter and Blast.
Broadlands has contracted with TRiTechnologies to perform asphalt rejuvenation services on the HOA-owned roads within the community. Asphalt rejuvenation extends the serviceable life of pavement for several years. The rejuvenator application penetrates the asphalt surface, replenishing the oils and provides a seal on the surface to protect the underlying pavement from the aging effects of air, sunlight, water and fuel. It seals hairline cracks and restores the flexibility that prevents cracking. Not only does it save money, it’s also more environmentally friendly than milling and repaving on a more frequent basis.
The estimated date to start the work is in October, weather permitting. We will provide a detailed schedule of road work and updates as soon as they are available. On the scheduled day for your street, TRiTechnologies will start at 7:00 am closing down the lot/street entrance with barricades and yellow caution tape. Please remove all vehicles by 7:00 am on your scheduled work day or they will be towed at the owners’ expense. You will not be able to access your driveway for up to 36 hours, so please be prepared by parking vehicles on alternative roads. Foot traffic will be prohibited on the surface while the streets are closed to keep the material from tracking. Crack sealing and road striping will be performed the following day and the areas will reopen to traffic within approximately 36 hours.
TRiTechnologies will try to limit the impact on the homeowners, but roadways will need to be closed and limited to pedestrian traffic on sidewalks or turf areas until the road is reopened the following day. There will be no trash pickup on work days. Mail delivery can be completed if the carrier is able to walk in and drop the mail off. We will communicate with the USPS, Patriot Disposal, FedEx, UPS and schools to coordinate alternative plans for these services. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this necessary construction period. For more information, please review the TRiTechnologies website at https://www.tritechnologiesasphaltrejuvenation.com/. Questions may be directed to Sarah Gerstein at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-729-9704.
Download the Broadlands Mobile App to your smartphone and stay updated and informed on important community announcements and events.
The app includes:
- Announcements – stay current on important activities and events in the community
- Notifications – receive alerts related to the pool, community events, emergencies, trash and recycling and general announcements (you choose the alerts you wish to receive)
- Calendar – get information on all the upcoming neighborhood events
- Pool Pass – add your pool pass to the app. Present it to the lifeguard and never worry about forgetting or losing your pool pass again! Parents: you can also add your kids’ passes to the app
To download the app, go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store on your mobile device and search for “Broadlands HOA.”
Or scan this QR code:
If you have questions or comments about the app, please contact Dan Mattock of the Technology Committee at email@example.com
VDOT’s contractors, Slurry Pavers, Inc., will move up north when the southern portion is complete. Included streets will receive more specific timeframes two to three days in advance of the work on their door-to-door notices. QUESTIONS? Please contact Matt May of Slurry Pavers, Inc. at 804-716-7860.
PLEASE NOTE: Trash/recycling services MAY be affected if your street is scheduled for maintenance. Since VDOT’s schedule could change at anytime, we are not able to reschedule trash services. Patriot will make every effort to service your street on trash days, but if roadwork is underway and your trash/recycling cannot be collected, you will need to place your bins out again on the next scheduled pick-up day.
The affected streets in Broadlands can be seen on the VDOT website at http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/northern_virginia/northern_virginia_paving_program.asp or on this map photo:
Information about slurry work can be found on their website, http://www.neighborhoodslurry.com/. Please review the “Must Know Info” section to avoid any mishaps or misunderstandings during installation and while the slurry seal is new. The section goes through the whole process and provides tips and tricks for each stage.
The Southern Walk Pool will reopen on time today, Tuesday, July 4th.