Please review new assessments for 2023 and be sure to update your payment amount effective January 1 to prevent late fees: Assessment Breakdown
For full details about the 2023 Budget and Assessments, please review pages 12-17 of the December newsletter, Our Neck of the Woods.
TRASH / RECYCLING SERVICES
UPDATE: Due to the inclement weather and poor road conditions, all scheduled services for Thursday, February 18 have been suspended. Trash services will resume on Monday, February 22 and recycling on Thursday, February 25.
- Vehicles parked in streets inhibit snow removal operations. Please relocate vehicles that are parked curbside to either garages, driveways or parking spaces. This will allow for curb-to-curb snow removal and help plows remove snow faster.
- The HOA does not plow VDOT streets. If you have questions or concerns about any street in Broadlands, please refer to the Street Ownership List and Maintenance Guidelines before contacting the appropriate party:
- Clear Fire Hydrants: Firefighters need to be able to quickly locate fire hydrants, or lives and property could be lost. You can help by clearing a three-foot radius around hydrants near your home. Without your help, engine drivers need to shovel a path to make the connect, and that causes a delay in establishing a water supply to extinguish the fire.
- The HOA contractor clears sidewalks on HOA owned streets where there is not an adjacent unit owner.
- For all sidewalks directly adjacent to a unit, the unit owner is responsible for clearing of snow, even if adjacent to a common sidewalk. The HOA is not staffed to patrol and issue violation letters for this type of issue. Even if the staff were in place and equipped to safely patrol following a snow or ice event, by the time a violation letter reached a homeowner, the snow would be long melted. Since not clearing sidewalks is a violation of state and county law, our Covenants team refers residents to contact the county to report issues.
- Both the Commonwealth of Virginia and Loudoun County Codes require that the occupant – whether an owner or a tenant – remove all snow and ice from any walkway adjoining any part of their property within 6 hours after the snowfall has ceased. If the snow or ice fell during the night, it should be removed by noon the following day. Should the storm occur on Sunday, the accumulation should be removed by Noon on Monday. Failure to comply with the Code can result in a fine of $250.00 imposed by the county.
- Complaints should be reported to the County Department of Building and Development, (703) 777-0635 or reported online through their portal, Loudoun Express Request (Lex).
The tot lot off Vestals Gap will be replaced beginning 12/8/20 and will be closed for approximately 4 days for reconstruction. We appreciate your patience while this area is being renovated.