STOP! Are you planning on updating the exterior of your home or lot? Changes, additions or improvements made to the exterior of your home and lot need approval first before beginning your project! Before making any modifications, an application is required for the Modifications Subcommittee to review. Please review ALL INFORMATION below on how to get approval for your project. If in doubt of the requirements, please contact Robin Crews, Modifications and Resale Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 520-9902 for any questions.
PROJECT GUIDELINES – Submission Requirements>> (read first!)
Don’t get rejected, include ALL requirements! All applications require General Requirements, however, please click on your project link below to ensure you are submitting the full requirements to the Modifications Subcommittee. The requirements listed for your project must be submitted along with pages 1 & 2 of the application form. Where the term “shall” or “must” are used, the statement constitutes a mandatory requirement. Where the terms “preferred” or “should” are used, the statement constitutes informational direction provided for the guidance and convenience of Applicants but may not be a necessary component for approval.
Read your project’s design guidelines and submission requirements:
- Additions and Alterations(Major)
- Air Conditioners & Heat Pumps
- Antennas and Satellite Dishes
- Attic Ventilators
- Basketball Goals & Courts
- Chimneys flues
- Color Changes
- Compost Bins
- Dog Houses Runs
- Driveway Extension Diagrams
- Flags Flagpoles
- GEO Thermal Heating-Cooling System
- Gutters and Downspouts,and Sump Pumps
- House Numbers
- Landscaping Guidelines
- Play Equipment
- Porch/Screened Porch
- Rain Barrels
- Security Devices
- Sidewalks and Walkways
- Solar Collectors
- Spas and Hot Tubs
- Storage Sheds
- Swimming Pools
- Trash Enclosures
- Tree Removal
- Trellises and Arbors
Declarations for Broadlands Association Article 7, Section 7.5 (a) – Additions, Alterations, or Improvements by the Owners Subsection Approval requires that “No person shall make any addition, alteration, or improvement in or to any Lot or any portion of the Property… which is visible from the exterior of the Lot or such portion of the Property, without the prior written consent of the Covenants Committee.” It is the owner’s responsibility and obligation to obtain all applicable permits and licenses, contact Miss Utility and construct the improvements in conformance with all related building and zoning codes. Please review Modifications Subcommittee and the Review_Process.
APPLICATION PROCESS – How to Apply for Modifications>>
1. Application Form, click>>
- First, review the DESIGN GUIDELINES & SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS above and click on your project’s guidelines and submission requirements before proceeding.
- Then the click the blue button below to download the 2-page application form. To complete this form, please download to your computer by doing a ‘save as’ before entering your information, otherwise your data will not be saved and the form will be blank. A separate application must be submitted for each project, unless they are related:
2. Submit Full Submission, click>>
- A Full Submission includes both the Modification Application 2-page form AND the submission requirement documentation listed for your project in link at the top, PROJECT GUIDELINES. See submission deadlines for corresponding meeting dates below. Failure to include all documentation will delay review of an application. You may submit the complete submission packet to the HOA office at the HOA office via the following options:
- Email to: Robin Crews at Rcrews@broadlandshoa.com – Please attach application and all documentation. If possible, combine into one pdf file. Please confirm receipt!
- Drop Off (outside of HOA building): **Temporary location is at 43360 Rickenbacker Sq, use black drop box on side of building**. Please use either the green drop box to the left side of the the HOA building or the white box to the right of the front door.
- Mail: Broadlands Association, Modifications and Resale Manager, 21907 Claiborne Parkway, Broadlands, VA 20148.
3. Results & Questions, click>>
The result letter(s) will be delivered via the resident’s email provided on the application normally within one week of the meeting. If you do not receive your results letter, please check your junk/spam folder. Emails will be sent from email@example.com should you wish to add this email address to your contact list to ensure prompt delivery.
If you have not received your result letter or have questions related to your project, please contact Robin Crews, Modifications and Resale Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-520-9902.
SUBCOMMITTEE REVIEW MEETINGS – Deadlines & Meeting Info>>
Submission deadline is at 12:00pm (noon) on dates listed in chart below. Typically it’s the Wednesday at noon one week prior to the meeting.
Meetings are held at 7:00 pm on the dates listed in the chart. You are not required to attend Modification Subcommittee Meetings
- March thru October – Meetings are held 1st & 3rd Wednesdays
- November thru February – Meetings are held only on 3rd Wednesdays
Join Zoom Meeting
- Passcode: 704345
- Meeting ID: 813 2758 5586
- Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kexeini3wq
|Submission Deadline (Noon) (2023)||Jan-Jun Meeting Dates* (2023)||Submission Deadline (Noon) (2023)||Jul-Dec Meeting Dates* (2023)|
|Jan 11||Jan 18||Jun 28||Jul 5|
|Feb 8||Feb 15||Jul 12||Jul 19|
|Feb 22||Mar 2*change||Jul 26||Aug 2|
|Mar 8||Mar 15||Aug 9||Aug 16|
|Mar 29||Apr 5||Aug 30||Sep 6|
|Apr 12||Apr 19||Sep 13||Sep 20|
|Apr 26||May 4*change||Sep 27||Oct 4|
|May 10||May 17||Oct 11||Oct 18|
|May 31||Jun 6*change||Nov 8||Nov 15|
|Jun 14||Jun 21||Dec 6||Dec 13|
OTHER RELATED DOCUMENTS>>
- Plat (Description & Samples)
- Association Right to Access Properties – Declaration 5.3 Easement for Upkeep (a) Association Access
- Design_Guidelines Overview
- Are You Selling Your Home?
- Detailed Documentation – Decks, Patios, Major Additions, Sheds, etc
RESIDENTS MUST APPLY FOR THE TREE REMOVAL!
The HOA does NOT endorse or pre-approve any company for executing any type of service hired by residents. Approval is required to remove any tree, either dead or alive, whose trunk measures 4” or more in diameter when measured at the height of 4’ from the ground. Please read: Tree Removal Guideline Details>>
BRANCHES NEED A TRIM?
Property owners are permitted to trim their own trees and vegetation and engage in self-help by cutting back branches and roots of neighboring trees and vegetation to the property line WITHOUT needing permission from the HOA. However, property owners must be careful when doing so. They may not enter the tree owner’s property when engaging in self-help, and they must be careful not to weaken the tree as to cause damage to the tree owner’s property. It is wise to get a professional arborist’s opinion if cutting and let their expertise guide your decision and also contract for routine inspection of your trees as well.