COVID-19 NOTICE: During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Broadlands Covenant’s team continues to operate during normal business hours from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. We are returning phone calls and responding to emails while continuing to patrol the community with our primary focus on trash and yard violations. Even though our priorities have temporarily changed, we are here to address your concerns related to any covenants violation and can be reached at (703) 520-9903 or email@example.com.
Your home is a valuable investment so take pride in your curb appeal. A beautiful home with poor upkeep is aesthetically unappealing. Whether you are a tenant or homeowner, you are responsible for maintaining your residence so that it meets the requirements of our covenants guidelines. If you are not physically able to keep up with your property or can’t find the time, then please consider hiring a lawn service or handyman to preserve the quality of our neighborhood.
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org to submit any complaints or inquiries. Or call Suzan Rodano, Covenants Manager at (703) 520-9903.
Throughout the year, the Covenants Inspector inspects the homes in Broadlands for a variety of issues. The following is a partial list of violations commonly seen in our community:
- Holiday Decorations
- Lawn Maintenance (*see below for details)
- Mildew, Wood trim, Faded Shutters and Doors
- Repairs (Pole Lights & Fixtures, Fence, Mailbox, etc.)
- Parking (expired tags, abandoned/derelict vehicles, blocking sidewalks, etc.)
- Play Equipment (no application, not stabilized, location, etc.)
- Pet Waste
- Snow Removal on Sidewalks
- Trash Cans (left out or in plain sight)
LAWN MAINTENANCE VIOLATION – DETAILS>>
Primary reasons why you may receive a lawn violation letter from our Covenants Department:
- turf more than 6 inches
- weeds and grass in beds; weeds around property
- overgrown or dead shrubbery or plant growth (including vines running along home)
- tree branches hanging over sidewalks or other properties
- yards with litter, trash, debris or other objects
- other unsightly conditions
- Please remember that lawn maintenance pertains to all parts of the property including FRONT, BACK, and SIDES.
- ALL violations stated in the notice must be corrected to prevent incurred charges.
- The initial violation notice sent will allow 10 days to correct the issue(s). If any issues still remain, a FINAL notice will be sent. IF REPEAT VIOLATIONS OCCUR WITHIN A YEAR OF THE INITIAL NOTICE, ONLY A FINAL NOTICE WILL BE SENT AT THAT TIME.
- Association staff, contractors, officers and authorized parties are PERMITTED TO ACCESS THE EXTERIOR OF YOUR PROPERTY, front, back and sides, for inspections and lawn maintenance per the bylaws of Broadlands Association, Inc.
- If the violation is not corrected within 10 days and a hearing is not requested, THE HOA OR ITS CONTRACTOR WILL ENTER THE LOT AND CORRECT THE VIOLATION, AND THE RESULTING REPAIR COSTS AS WELL AS AN ADMINISTRATIVE FEE WILL BE CHARGED BACK TO THE OWNER’S ACCOUNT.
GENERAL COVENANT ISSUES & GUIDELINES>>
- Decorations – taking down
- Exterior Modifications
- Grass Clippings and Leaf Removal: Article 8, Section 8.2
- Lawn Maintenance Inspections
- Mildew on Siding, Rotten Wood Trim and Faded Shutters and Doors
- Parking Regulation: Parking Regulations and Storage Vehicles
- Pet Waste Removal: HOA Declaration – Article 8, Section 8.2 (q) and Loudoun County Ordinance Please reference Loudoun County Ordinance, Chapter 612.19, Section a (9) Dog waste. For the owner of any dog to fail to remove immediately the dog’s feces from any property that is located: A. In any residential subdivision zoned for and developed at a density of two or more housing units per acre; or B. Adjacent to such residential subdivision. However, no action shall be brought under this paragraph for failure of a dog owner to remove the dog’s feces from the premises of the dog owner, notwithstanding any contrary provision of law. This exception shall not apply to the common areas of a homeowner’s association, condominium or apartment complex. (Ord. 88-18. Passed 12-19-88.) Stormwater Pollution and Dog Waste Flyer
- Play Equipment (Basketball Goals, Hockey Nets, Play Sets, etc)
- Trash and Recycling
- Trash & Recycling in Public View and Fencing Issues
- Walkways – clearing
- Weeding and Pruning
ARCHIVED VIOLATION CHARTS>>
Violation Charts – 2016>>
Violation Charts – 2015>>
- Violations Report – January
- Violations Report – February
- Violations Report – March
- Violation Report – April
- Violation Report – May
- Violations Report – June
- Violations Report – July
- Violations Report – August
- Violation Report – September
- Violation Chart –October
- Violation Chart – November
- Violation Chart – December