Patriot Disposal provides trash and recycling services for the Broadlands community. An environmentally-conscious company, Patriot Disposal offers a curbside recycling program that extends well beyond those offered by other haulers.
Questions? Please direct any questions, comments or concerns to Patriot Disposal at 1-703-257-7100 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information please visit www.patriotdisposalservices.com.
TRASH & RECYCLING SCHEDULE…
-Bulk/Special Items i.e. mattress, appliances, etc. (contact Patriot to confirm pickup)
FOR DETAILS ON TRASH & RECYCLING SERVICES, SELECT ITEMS BELOW
- Single Family Homes Only:
- Trash service for Single Family Homes is collected using a special side-loading truck. Please review the following information to ensure your trash is picked up: Automated Side Loader Info
- Important: All trash needs to be placed in your toter. Any trash that won’t fit and is left outside the container will not be collected until the scheduled trash day, therefore, please hold on to any trash that will not fit until then.
- If you continue to have excess trash, an option is to purchase another toter for $45 by calling/emailing customer service at 703-257-7100 or email@example.com.
- Trash must be stored in a container with a lid and not in plastic bags.
- Using trash bags without a container is not permitted per the Loudoun County Ordinance Read More>>
- If you have excess trash that will not fit into your container, please keep until the next pick up day.
- Containers shall not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
Patriot Disposal’s weekly curbside recycling program includes newspapers, mixed paper, cardboard, paperboard, glass bottles and jars, metal and aluminum cans and plastic bottles. Each Thursday, Patriot Disposal will remove recyclable materials that have been placed at the curb for collection by 6:00am. All recycling must fit within the bin, anything left outside will not be picked up.
- Newspapers and magazines should be bundled and placed in paper grocery bags or tied with heavy twine.
- Glass, plastic, aluminum and metal, food/beverage containers should be rinsed and placed in bags, cardboard boxes, or recycling bins.
- Plastic bags CANNOT be recycled.
- Overview of: What Can Be Recycled?
- Recyclable materials can be co-mingled.
- Patriot Disposal will remove and recycle packing boxes and cartons placed at the curb by residents.
- Scrap metal – Please call Patriot Disposal to set pick-up day 1-703-257-7100: i.e. foil, pie tins, trays, pots and pans, small car parts, grills, bicycles, swings, etc. Patriot uses a special truck for these recycling items and requires advance notice.
- The Loudoun County Department of General Services has produced a new residential RECYCLING GUIDE
- Recycling Notice from Patriot>>
- Mattress Disposal>>
YARD WASTE SERVICES>>
A separate yard waste collection runs each week from March 1st through December 24th . Patriot Disposal will remove yard waste that has been placed at the curb for collection by 6:00am. Please note the following requirements the collection of yard waste:
- Yard waste must be placed either in a bin or a paper lawn bag. Please scroll down to review details on yard waste.
- During January & February, Yard debris (leaves, grass clippings, brush) may be mixed with trash. Yard waste may not be mixed with recycling.
- Up to 10 bags, bundles, or containers not to exceed 50 pounds each
- Brush must be less than 4 inches in diameter, cut into 4 foot lengths, and tied in small bundles or bagged and no larger than 2 feet in diameter.
- Yard debris must be placed in separate containers, marked “yard waste” or in biodegradable bags. Yard waste that is put out at the curb in plastic bags will not be picked up.
- Yard waste must be placed at the curbside and/or designated area by 6 a.m. for collection.
- Food waste mixed in with yard waste will be accepted, as it can be composted.
BULK & SPECIAL ITEMS>>
You must call Patriot Disposal at 703-257-7100 to arrange for pick-up of bulk or special items. Fees may be charged for certain items, please inquire through Patriot’s customer service.
- BULK ITEMS: i.e. small furniture, mattresses, bed frames, appliances, etc.
- SPECIAL ITEMS: The following items will be picked up using a separate truck: Electronics, used motor oil, auto batteries, appliances and scrap metal such as foil, pie tins, trays, pots and pans, small car parts, grills, bicycles, swings, etc. Please note the following requirements concerning the collection of special items: (1) Items for collection must be placed at the curbside and/or designated area by 6:00 a.m. (2) Appliances containing Freon must be certified as “Freon-Free” prior to removal.
Patriot Disposal will provide services on all holidays that fall on regularly-scheduled pickup days with the exception of: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
SECURING YOUR TRASH & RECYCLING>>
Please Tie Down Your Trash to Prevent Wind From Littering Our Neighborhood.
- Please be sure to bind newspapers with twine or place loose papers in paper bags before setting out at your curb.
- Weigh down your bottles, plastics and cans by placing heavier recyclables on top.
- Ensure that the lid of your trash can is tightly secured. Put smaller lightweight bags of trash together in a larger heavyweight bag.
- Don’t put trash out early and PLEASE no loose “peanuts” or other packing materials.
- Lastly, if the trash does blow over, please pick it up even if it isn’t yours.
- Your HOA assessment provides for curbside trash removal. There is no budgeted amount for litter removal. The Association relies on homeowners to keep their neighborhoods free of litter and their assessments reasonable.
CONTAINERS – Additional & Replacements>>
Patriot Disposal provides one wheeled, covered Toter for each residence for the collection of trash.
- Each town home will be provided with a 64-gallon trash toter.
- Each single-family home will be provided with a 96-gallon trash toter.
- Each town home and single-family home will also be provided with one 64 gallon recycling toter or recycling bin.
- Recycling toter and bin dimensions:
- 64-gallon lidded toter is 31.75″ (L) x 24.25″ (W) x 41.75″ (H)
- open recycling bin is 19″(L) x 16″(W) x 15.5″(H)
- Replacement Container fee for lost containers (paid by resident): $75.00 each for trash and $50.00 each for recycling.
- Additional Container fee (paid by resident): $25.00 each for trash and $25.00 each for recycling containers
You are encouraged to keep a record of the serial number of your toter(s) should you need to identify it in the future.
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE>>
For information on how to dispose of HHW, please click on the following link: Loudoun County Household Hazardous Waste
The following Unacceptable Waste items will not be collected, and should not be placed in the trash or set out for pickup. This list is limited and includes other dangerous materials as determined by state, federal or local law, or in the reasonable judgment of Patriot Disposal.
infectious or medical waste
INCLEMENT WEATHER & MAKE-UP DAYS
On occasion, adverse weather conditions may affect service and cause delays or cancellations. Notices that affect services will be posted here: