Patriot Disposal provides trash and recycling services for the Broadlands community. An environmentally-conscious company, Patriot Disposal offers a curbside recycling program that extends well beyond those offered by other haulers.
Questions? Please direct any questions, comments or concerns to Patriot Disposal at 1-703-257-7100 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information please visit www.patriotdisposalservices.com.
TRASH & RECYCLING SCHEDULE*
–Bulk/Special Items i.e. mattress, appliances, etc. (contact Patriot to confirm pickup)
–Bulk/Special Items i.e. mattress, appliances, etc. (contact Patriot to confirm pickup)
INCLEMENT WEATHER SCHEDULE CHANGES>>
In the event of predicted inclement weather overnight, Patriot Disposal may not make the determination whether the roads are safe for the trucks until the morning. Please download the Broadlands App and enroll in emergency alert push notifications to receive real time text alerts if services are suspended. The HOA will alert residents via this website, Broadlands Blast, and the Broadlands App as soon as notifications are received from Patriot Disposal. Please keep in mind that road conditions vary by location, conditions can change rapidly, and the trucks are dispatched from Manassas.
DO NOT store your trash or recycling receptacles in public view during non pick-up days, whether from the street, another home, or a path behind your home. Storing in public view or using shrubbery to shield receptacles, either in the front, back or side yard is a direct violation of our covenants, Article 8. Please store inside your garage or inside an approved enclosure. Violation notices will be sent to residents who do not comply, and penalty assessments may be incurred. Trash, Recycling & Yard Waste must be at the curb by 6:00am! Please have your receptacles properly stored by 9:00am the day after trash/recycling services.
- Single Family Homes Only:
- Trash service for Single Family Homes is collected using a special side-loading truck. Please review the following information to ensure your trash is picked up: Automated Side Loader Info
- Important: All trash needs to be placed in your toter. Any trash that won’t fit and is left outside the container will not be collected until the scheduled trash day, therefore, please hold on to any trash that will not fit until then.
- If you continue to have excess trash, an option is to purchase another toter for $45 by calling/emailing customer service at 703-257-7100 or email@example.com.
- Trash must be stored in a container with a lid and not in plastic bags.
- Using trash bags without a container is not permitted per the Loudoun County Ordinance Read More>>
- If you have excess trash that will not fit into your container, please keep until the next pick up day.
- Containers shall not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
Patriot Disposal’s weekly curbside recycling program on Thursdays includes newspapers, mixed paper, cardboard, paperboard, glass bottles and jars, metal and aluminum cans and plastic bottles. Each Thursday, Patriot Disposal will remove recyclable materials that have been placed at the curb for collection by 6:00am. All recycling must fit within the bin, anything left outside will not be picked up.
- Overview of: What Can Be Recycled?
- Loudoun County: Recycling Guide
- Loudoun County: A to Z Local Recycling Resources
- Recycling Notice from Patriot>>
Guidelines for Specific Recycling Material:
- Newspapers and magazines should be bundled and placed in paper grocery bags or tied with heavy twine.
- Glass, plastic, aluminum and metal, food/beverage containers should be rinsed and placed in bags, cardboard boxes, or recycling bins.
- Plastic bags CANNOT be recycled.
- Recyclable materials can be co-mingled.
- Patriot Disposal will remove and recycle packing boxes and cartons placed at the curb by residents.
- Scrap metal – Please call Patriot Disposal to set pick-up day 1-703-257-7100: i.e. foil, pie tins, trays, pots and pans, small car parts, grills, bicycles, swings, etc. Patriot uses a special truck for these recycling items and requires advance notice.
- Mattress Disposal>>
YARD WASTE SERVICES>>
A separate yard waste collection runs each Monday from March 1st through December 24th. During January & February, Yard debris (leaves, grass clippings, brush) may be mixed with trash. Yard waste may not be mixed with recycling. Patriot Disposal will remove yard waste that has been placed at the curb for collection by 6:00am. Please note the following requirements the collection of yard waste:
- Yard waste must be placed either in a bin or a paper lawn bag.
- Up to 10 bags, bundles, or containers not to exceed 50 pounds each
- Brush must be less than 4 inches in diameter, cut into 4 foot lengths, and tied in small bundles or bagged and no larger than 2 feet in diameter.
- Yard debris must be placed in separate containers, marked “yard waste” or in biodegradable bags. Yard waste that is put out at the curb in plastic bags will not be picked up.
- Yard waste must be placed at the curbside and/or designated area by 6 a.m. for collection.
- Food waste mixed in with yard waste will be accepted, as it can be composted.
BULK & SPECIAL ITEMS>>
You must call Patriot Disposal at 703-257-7100 to arrange for pick-up of bulk or special items. Fees may be charged for certain items, please inquire through Patriot’s customer service.
- BULK ITEMS: i.e. small furniture, mattresses, bed frames, appliances, etc.
- SPECIAL ITEMS: The following items will be picked up using a separate truck: Electronics, used motor oil, auto batteries, appliances and scrap metal such as foil, pie tins, trays, pots and pans, small car parts, grills, bicycles, swings, etc. Please note the following requirements concerning the collection of special items: (1) Items for collection must be placed at the curbside and/or designated area by 6:00 a.m. (2) Appliances containing Freon must be certified as “Freon-Free” prior to removal.
SECURING YOUR TRASH & RECYCLING>>
Please Tie Down Your Trash to Prevent Wind From Littering Our Neighborhood.
- Please be sure to bind newspapers with twine or place loose papers in paper bags before setting out at your curb.
- Weigh down your bottles, plastics and cans by placing heavier recyclables on top.
- Ensure that the lid of your trash can is tightly secured. Put smaller lightweight bags of trash together in a larger heavyweight bag.
- Don’t put trash out early and PLEASE no loose “peanuts” or other packing materials.
- Lastly, if the trash does blow over, please pick it up even if it isn’t yours.
- Your HOA assessment provides for curbside trash removal. There is no budgeted amount for litter removal. The Association relies on homeowners to keep their neighborhoods free of litter and their assessments reasonable.
CONTAINERS – Additional & Replacements>>
Patriot Disposal provides one wheeled, covered Toter for each residence for the collection of trash.
- Each town home will be provided with a 64-gallon trash toter.
- Each single-family home will be provided with a 96-gallon trash toter.
- Each town home and single-family home will also be provided with one 64 gallon recycling toter or recycling bin.
- Recycling toter and bin dimensions:
- 64-gallon lidded toter is 31.75″ (L) x 24.25″ (W) x 41.75″ (H)
- open recycling bin is 19″(L) x 16″(W) x 15.5″(H)
- Replacement Container fee for lost containers (paid by resident): $75.00 each for trash and $50.00 each for recycling.
- Additional Container fee (paid by resident): $25.00 each for trash and $25.00 each for recycling containers
You are encouraged to keep a record of the serial number of your toter(s) should you need to identify it in the future.
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE>>
For information on how to dispose of HHW, please click on the following link: Loudoun County Household Hazardous Waste
The following Unacceptable Waste items will not be collected, and should not be placed in the trash or set out for pickup (*see exception below for latex or water based paint). This list is limited and includes other dangerous materials as determined by state, federal or local law, or in the reasonable judgment of Patriot Disposal.
infectious or medical waste
- *Latex: do not put cans of liquid paint in your trash. When a liquid paint can is picked up in your trash receptacle and dumped into a trash truck, the force of the compactor will cause the can to explode. Paint gets all over the truck and will seep out on the street. If you have paint that needs to be discarded, ensure that you have thoroughly dried it out in the can or pour onto newspaper to dry, or mix with a chemical paint hardener (available at hardware stores), sawdust, mulch, or kitty litter. Place dried paint cans on top of the toter with the can lid off. Liquid paint poses a hazard to staff and to equipment.
- Paint, Oil-based and paint thinner: take to a Loudoun County HHW Event.