Due to inclement weather, no trash collection services will be provided on Monday, January 14th. Collections for the remainder of the week will be on a normal schedule.
We apologize for any inconvenience, should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call our offices at (703) 257-7100.
This Saturday, we are beginning our monthly potion (herbal preparations) series for 2019. January’s class will focus on digestion support.
You may purchase this series of classes as a package for $150, which is a $50 savings, or purchase individual classes for $20 each. REGISTER HERE>> and scroll down and select Buy Now button.
A Closer Look of What Will Be Concocted Each Month:
- January 12: If Snape had not been food for Nagini he would be teaching this Potions Lab on Herbs for Digestion
- February 2nd: If Snape had not been bullied by James Potter he would be brewing Potions for Heart Support with all of us
- March 2nd: Snape will somehow make an appearance at this month’s potions lab as he is the specialist on keeping calm (even when dancing with the Dark Lord Mr. V proud owner of terrible nostril plastic surgery). Herbs for Anxiety and Stress Reduction
- April 6th: Even a bachelor like Snape must do spring cleaning. Herbs for the Home for those of you muggles lacking a working wand to zap it squeaky clean
- May: No Potions Class
- June 1st: Wild Herb Foraging and Preparations Spring/Summer (for when you get stuck in the forest hunting down the unicorn blood suckers)
- July: No Potions Class
- August 3rd: Meals as Medicine and Immunity Boosting aka Potions to sneak into folks who think potions are fun to make but ne’er to enter their mouths. (This month will feature what herbalists call “Adaptogens”)
- September 7th: Wild Herb Foraging and Preparations Summer/Fall for when you go searching for Grawp with Hagrid
- October 5th: Our yearly Come in Costume if you Dare! Harry Potter Themed Potions
- November 2nd: This is a set of potions Snape never mastered…Herbal options for Emotional Lows
- December 7th: Snape’s bizarre secret passion…making herbal gifts for the holidays
Questions Regarding Verizon Fios?
Please direct ALL inquiries to the Southern Walk HOA contact, Katie Halfhill at 571-234-5475 or Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Monthly Homeowner Assessments will change in 2019. Avoid incurring unnecessary fees by ensuring your payments reflect the proper amount prior to January 1, 2019
The 2019 Operating Budget for Broadlands Association, Inc. has been approved and can be found in the December 2018 Newsletter on pages 9-13. Due to rising costs and inflation, the monthly Homeowner Assessments have changed to the following amounts:
- Single Family (VDOT) $79.00 per month
- Town Homes $93.00 per month
- Single Family (Private) $99.00 per month
- Villa Homes $111.00 per month
- Courtyard Homes $142.00 per month
If you do not receive your Assessment coupons by December 15, 2018, please contact FirstService at 866-433-3187 or by email at AR.DCMetro@fsresidential.com. If you participate in ClickPay recurring payments (Auto Pay) through FirstService Residential, you will NOT receive a coupon booklet, and the 2019 assessments will be automatically deducted from your account.
PAYING ASSESSMENTS IS EASY: Use ClickPay to pay assessments online or to sign up for automatic payments. Please visit www.ClickPay.com/FirstService and create an account using the account number on the payment coupon. Please call 888-354-0135 (option 1) for assistance with ClickPay.
Meeting will be 6:30-8:00PM and held at the Broadlands Clubhouse at 43360 Rickenbacker Sq
Denise Harrover, Vice President of Planning and Entitlements of Van Metre Companies will provide a presentation on the proposed section 202 annexation into Broadlands, which includes 261 townhome and condominium units on the former George Mason University property on Demott Drive between Waxpool Road and Mooreview Parkway/LCPS school site. Presented information includes unit style, section parking/landscape/amenity plan, pedestrian bridge connecting Village Drive and Demott Drive providing access to the Harris Teeter shopping center complete with pathway lighting, and annexation fees. Broadlands Association will present benefits/impacts to the community.
Section 202 Annexation Information >>>
If you would like to submit questions in advance or have inquiries, contact Sarah Gerstein at 703-729-9704 or Sarah@broadlandshoa.com. The Broadlands Board intends to vote on the annexation at the January 8th Board meeting.
The Board of Directors is seeking input from Broadlands residents on a proposed project to replace the little-used wading pool at the Community Center pool with a Recreational Pool. Please visit the Forums to review the information and options for this project.
Comments are due by January 5. You can comment directly on the Forum discussion, or send your comments by email to email@example.com.
Mockups of current wading pool and proposed recreational pool:
HOA Office and Nature Center Hours Holiday Hours:
- Dec 28 – 9am to Noon
- Dec 31 – closed for New Year’s Eve
- Jan 1 – closed for New Year’s Day
Trash & Recycling will NOT be affected during the week of New Years
Recycling Reminders: You can help Patriot Disposal pickup and process recycling more efficiently on Thursday. Here are a few tips:
- Flatten all cardboard boxes
- Do not recycle any ribbons or bows
- Do not recycle wrapping paper that contains foil
- Do not recycle foam packing blocks, beads or “peanuts”
- When in doubt, throw it out!
Christmas Tree Collection: Christmas trees will be collected on Monday, December 31st and Monday, January 7th. All tinsel and decorations MUST be removed, and trees should NOT be placed in plastic bags.
This extremely popular annual event will be held at the Nature Center this year. Check out the details HERE>>
Don’t forget about the annual Toys for Tots donation drive. To learn more about this program, click HERE>>
Put up the lights and dust off the reindeer!
Enter your home in the Broadlands 5th Annual Holiday Home Decorating Contest! Judging will take place during the evenings of December 9 – 13. Winning entries will be listed in the Broadlands Newsletter and website.
1st Place: $100; 2nd Place: $75; 3rd Place: $50
Judging is based on creativity, arrangement, special effects and overall appearance.
Complete the online form below – OR – print, complete and mail/drop off the 2018 Holiday Home Decorating Contest Form (PDF). Entries must be received NO LATER than 5PM on Friday, December 7. See Contest Rules below.
Broadlands HOA Office
21907 Claiborne Parkway
Broadlands, VA 20148
- Contest is free to enter and is open to homes located within Broadlands Association only.
- Contest is limited to what can be seen from the street side of the house at night.
- People or live animals are not allowed as part of display.
- Participants are requested to keep their houses decorated through January 1st, so the community may view and enjoy them.
- Judging will take place during December 9th – 13th from dusk until 9 pm. Please have your decorations turned on by 5 pm.
- Winners will be notified on December 14th, 2018. Judges decisions are final.