The HOA offices will be closed on Monday, July 4th for Independence Day.
Broadlands owns 17 playgrounds throughout the community, offering a wide variety of play structures for residents ages two to twelve years old. These structures are replaced on a rotating basis based on age, wear and tear, hazards, and reserve fund availability. Many factors are taken into consideration when proposing upgrades, including the size and layout of the space and all accessibility requirements that must be followed, funds allocated for the upgrade, and a desire to provide diverse equipment within the community. We plan to upgrade three tot lots in 2022. The design plans are included below for resident review and input. Please provide any questions or feedback by July 31, 2022 via phone at 703-520-9905 or email Sarah@broadlandshoa.com.
Proposed Tot Lot Renderings and Specs:
Description of Upgrades & Map of Locations:
- Area 1 – Overland Park (Near 21447 Overland Park Drive)
- ages 5-12, structure with net climber, wall climber and Viper Slide
- Area 2 – Meander Crossing (also known as Cottontail Corner – off path behind 42847 & 42835 Meander Crossing)
- ages 5-12, structure with 2 viper slides, tree branch climber, wall climber, 3 in a row panel, crazy maze panel. Net climber for smaller age group
- Area 3 – Wingfoot Drive (also known as Beaverdam Woods – off trail behind 21804 Wingfoot Court)
- ages 5-12, structure with 2 viper slides, cyclone spinner, twist net climber, Arch climber
The Hyde Park residential rezoning application will appear at the Loudoun County Planning Commission’s Work Session on Thursday, July 14th at 6:00pm in the Board Room at the Loudoun County Government Center (1 Harrison Street SE, Leesburg, Virginia 20177), read more
Broadlands Communications Survey
Please take a moment to complete this survey regarding our communications in the community…
The Broadlands Live Committee is looking for helping hands as we organize the summer concert series held at Hillside Park next to the Stone House. 2022 Concerts will be held on Fridays, August 5th and September 2nd (Labor Day Friday). Funding of the concert series is provided by the Broadlands Association, Inc. and sponsors. We regrouped Broadlands Live in 2021 and pulled off two outstanding, well attended, and COVID safe concerts. This concert series is one of the few free concerts in the region where you can also bring your own food and adult beverages.
We could really use some extra help on the committee, specifically we would love to have someone handle our social media platforms, Facebook and Instagram, by posting about our bands, vendors, and generating excitement in the months, weeks, and days leading up to each concert. We could also use help with sponsor relations – recruiting sponsors and maintaining communications with them. If you are interested in serving in these or any other volunteer capacity, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-520-9905.
Join the Meeting Jun 28, 2022 06:00 PM
TOPIC: Proposed Traffic Calming Committee Seeking Volunteers: The Loudoun County Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure (DTCI) performed engineering studies on Chickacoan Trail Drive, Demott Drive, Glebe View Drive, Ridgeway Drive, and Village Drive. Traffic and speed data on all but Village Drive met the qualifications to develop conceptual plans for traffic calming measures. We are looking for residents in the affected areas interested promoting traffic calming to review the information and help distribute information to all affected owners in preparation for the survey that VDOT will put out later this year. There are a total of 1,239 residents broken out into smaller sections that are affected by these areas. In each section, more than 50% support will be required to implement the recommended traffic calming measures.
Please review the following information and see if you are on the affected property list and join the June 28th VDOT Traffic Calming Task Force Virtual Meeting using the Zoom links below:
JOIN ZOOM MEETING: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81447884026?pwd=Q3NIbDNhZ21nZTYyWGdtUkRuL2pnQT09
- Meeting ID: 814 4788 4026
- Passcode: 470897
One tap mobile:
- +16465588656,,81447884026#,,,,*470897# US (New York)
- +13017158592,,81447884026#,,,,*470897# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location:
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)
- +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- Meeting ID: 814 4788 4026
- Passcode: 470897
- Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kd0WcDHWHY
Hand-scooped with Bruster’s on the pool deck! 10% of net proceeds will be donated to Comfort Cases: Single Scoop $5 ; Double Scoop $6, 🍒 Mix & Match your flavors!
- COOKIE DOUGH
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHUNK
- MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP
- COTTON CANDY EXPLOSION
- ITALIAN ICE: BLUE POP (non-dairy)
Chick-fil-A sandwiches available for purchase: $6 each
Drinks will be available for purchase: $2 each
On June 16th at 11:00 am, the public is invited to attend a groundbreaking ceremony for the start of construction of the Ashburn Recreation and Community Center read more>>
HOA offices will be closed on Monday, May 30th. Enjoy the holiday!
If you have already set up your virtual pool passes with photos for your household in Cellbadge, then you are all set and ready to hit the pools starting May 28th! Remember, registration is done only once! If you have not yet registered your household to set up virtual pool passes, click HERE to begin your pool registration>>
Reminders and Info:
- Hours of operation for each pool can be found on our pool page HERE>>
- To access the pools, just provide your name/address so lifeguards can access your virtual pool passes to allow check-in.
- Each year, your pool account will reset your virtual guest pass to 10-visits.
- Tenants must have a current AOS and Lease on file in order to access HOA amenities.