With Loudoun County entering Phase 1 of the Governor’s Forward Virginia plan for reopening, Broadlands will reopen the nine outdoor tennis courts on Friday, May 29, 2020. Playgrounds and basketball courts will remain closed. The Stillwater and Rickenbacker courts were crackfilled and resurfaced this month with fresh color coating so we are proud to unveil those just in time for reopening. All participants are reminded to abide by social distancing guidelines and best practices identified by the Commonwealth of Virginia, found online at https://www.virginia.gov/coronavirus/forwardvirginia/. The rules of use for the Broadlands Tennis Courts can be found online at https://www.broadlandshoa.org/amenities/tennis-committee/.
The following is a notice from the Broadlands Board of Directors and Management providing an update to the status of Broadlands Amenities PLEASE READ>>
Trash services will run on a normal schedule.
Sidewalk repair work in Broadlands is being done by VDOT. Some areas have been left with issues such as holes and will have to be corrected at a later date because their contractor had to take workers and equipment out of commission due to COVID-19. If you have questions or concerns, please direct them to the following contacts:
5.15.20 NOTICE FROM PATRIOT DISPOSAL REGARDING CHANGE IN SERVICES:
Effective Monday, May 18th, Patriot Disposal will continue with regular yard waste collections and resume bulk/special item pick-ups, with the following limitations:
Yard Waste Collection:
- The number of bags that will be picked up per home has been increased from 3 to 5.
- All yard waste must be placed in paper bags or in a rigid container clearly marked “yard waste.” Yard waste in plastic bags will not be picked up.
- Bundles or loose branches placed at the curb will not be picked up.
- Residents are limited to a maximum of 5 bags of yard waste per home per pickup.
- As a reminder, unaccepted materials include tree stumps, food waste, lumber, treated wood, pallets, sawdust, dirt, mulch and sod. Please do not mix any of these materials in with your yard waste.
Bulk and Special Item Collection:
All residential customers can now begin scheduling bulk and special item collection with the following limitations:
- Advance notice is required for all items by phone at 703-257-7100 or by email at email@example.com.
- There will be a nominal charge of $25.00 and up per item for bulk items such as small furniture and mattresses to cover the additional handling costs that we incur due to COVID-19.
Due to the increased volume being generated at curbside and the attempt to minimize risk to their employees, the following changes will take place effective Monday, April 6th:
- All trash or recycling must be containerized to avoid risk to the employees. Residents who have extra trash or recyclables that do not fit into their containers must be kept until the next collection day. No bagged or loose trash/recycling placed next to the containers will be collected.
- Please read full notice from Patriot Disposal>>
Yard Waste Update Effective April 13:
Following discussions with Loudoun County officials, Patriot Disposal will amend their yard waste service offering effective Monday, April 13th, 2020. These changes coincide with the county’s by-laws. Here is how Patriot Disposal will operate:
- yard waste will be collected every Monday at curbside
- 3 bags per household limit on Mondays
- all material must be in paper bags…NO Plastic will be collected
- No bundles or piles will be collected
- Safety remains the top priority
Avoid any rush in the future and take advantage of this time to register for the pools by visiting the new online registration portal, Cellbadge.com/Broadlands/register. For details on how to register visit, www.broadlandshoa.org/pool-information. The registration process is simple and can be done in just a few steps:
- Create Household Account
- Acquire PIN
- Add Household Members
- Email Photos
Due to the Stay At Home Order, we are now accepting electronic copies of photos. Just email your acceptable photo(s) and we will import them into your household pool records.
Got A Graduating Senior? Shine the spotlight on your graduating high school and college seniors in the June newsletter by sending us their photo and celebratory message. Send us your senior’s photo and a message of 25 words or less to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Governor Ralph S. Northam of Virginia has issued a Temporary Stay at Home Order due to the Novel Coronavirus. The order mandates that individuals stay at their place of residence, except as provided for by the order. The order is effective immediately and will remain in effect until June 10, 2020, unless amended or rescinded by further executive order. What does this mean for Broadlands Association, Inc. and its residents? The following is information on how this will impact HOA business and events. Please note, any or all of these items may be amended if the order is amended or rescinded:
- The Nature Center, Community Center, Fitness Center will remain closed through June 10.
- The pools will not open before June 10.
- The HOA Office will remain closed to walk-in traffic until June 10. HOA employees are accessible remotely via email or telephone. Please see broadlandshoa.org/broadlands-association-staff for the employee phone and email directory.
- The tot lots, tennis courts, and basketball courts will remain closed through June 10. Barriers and No Trespassing signs have been erected on these facilities, but we know people are penetrating or removing the barriers. While we will routinely monitor the barriers, we may not be able to restore them immediately when damaged. Removal of the barriers and entering these facilities constitutes trespassing. We are cooperating with the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Department to enforce No Trespassing on HOA owned property, including playgrounds, basketball, and tennis courts. If you observe individuals trespassing on HOA owned property, please report this to the Loudoun County non-emergency number at 703-777-1021.
- The walking trails remain open. However, social distancing is required. Per the Executive Order, to the extent individuals use outdoor spaces, they must at all times maintain social distancing of at least six feet from any other person, with the exception of family or household members or caretakers. We have received complaints regarding people crowding the trails and not keeping the proper six-foot distance. Please keep the appropriate distance from other trail users and remind children of this order. The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Department will enforce the order against groups of more than ten people gathering. If you observe individuals gathering in groups of more than ten, please report this to the Loudoun County non-emergency number at 703-777-1021.
- All community events scheduled through June 10, including the Ladies Night Out Spring Craft Event, Truck and Chalk Show and Art Contest, Spring Yard Sale, Electronics Recycling Event, Blues and Barbecue, Wine Education Event, Middle School Party are canceled or postponed.
- The April 14 Board of Directors meeting is canceled.
- The May 5 Annual Meeting of the Membership has been postponed until further notice. Current Board terms will be extended until the 2020 Annual Meeting is convened.
- The May 12 Board Meeting may be held virtually or postponed.
- Committee meetings, including Modification Subcommittee, Technology, Events, or others may be held virtually or postponed.
- Outreach Programs, such as the Plastic Bag Recycling Program and donation collections for charities have been suspended until further notice. Please consider donating directly to these charities. You may reference our website at broadlandshoa.org/outreach for updates and details on these programs.
- Due to increased vandalism such as graffiti in the tunnels, overnight security has been increased throughout the community at an additional cost. However, the patrols cannot be in all places at all times and we expect that our common areas will be subjected to increased vandalism as the weather improves. We will continue to repair vandalism as quickly as possible, but ask all residents to be patient as we cannot always respond immediately. Please report any vandalism you observe to email@example.com or 703-729-9704. If you observe individuals in the process of vandalizing, please call 911 to report to the Sheriff’s department.
- Routine violation processing has been suspended. Egregious or health-related violations will continue to be addressed for the health and safety of the community.
- Resales and PUD Questionnaires will continue to be processed in accordance with state statute.
We continue to monitor recommendations and orders from the CDC, WHO, and Governor of Virginia. We thank you for your cooperation, understanding, and patience as we all work to flatten the curve and minimize the spread of COVID-19. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-729-9704.
Broadlands Management and the 2019-2020 Board of Directors
Nature Center building is closed until further notice. HOA business will be conducted by phone or email.
Due to the rapidly evolving coronavirus crisis, effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020, Broadlands amenities including the Fitness Center, tot lots, and basketball and tennis courts will be closed until further notice as part of the community’s response to COVID-19. The playgrounds and athletic courts have experienced heavier than normal use recently, impacting the ability of residents to maintain social distancing measures recommended. Fencing will be erected at features affected by this closure and residents are urged to adhere to any closure notices. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these difficult times.
Administration: The Broadlands Association Office and Nature Center will be closed to walk-in traffic. Association employees will meet with residents as necessary on an appointment-only basis. We encourage residents to communicate with us via email at email@example.com or by phone at 703-729-9704. Most services available at the HOA Office are also available online at www.broadlandshoa.org. Some of those online services include:
- Pool pass registration
- Design Guidelines and Modification Applications
- Community Center rental information
- Trash/recycling services
- Resale packet ordering
- Assessment Information
- Van Metre 5K Postponed: The Van Metre 5K Run originally scheduled for Saturday, April 18th has been postponed. A new date will be published when available.
- Future Events: Broadlands Association will continue to review the upcoming event schedule and announce any changes as soon as possible.
Community Center Rentals: Closed for use effective March 26, 2020
Fitness Center: Closed for use effective March 24, 2020
Pools: We have received questions regarding the possible suspension of opening of the pools. At this time, it is too early to make any determinations regarding the opening of the pools. We are continuing to make preparations for an on-time opening of Memorial Day weekend. Photos: Special hours for pool photos have been canceled until further notice.
Tennis Courts: Closed for use effective March 24, 2020
Tot Lots: Closed for use effective March 24, 2020
Trash – Bulk Pick Ups: A message from Patriot Disposal: As we continue to navigate through this unique situation, I wanted to send you a note and let you know about a recent change to our service offering while we attempt to manage through the pandemic. Effective immediately we will discontinue ALL BULK PICK UPS until further notice. This change is necessary for many reasons and throughout the process we did not want to loose site of the safety and well being of our employees and individuals in your communities. The deciding factors for these changes are as follows:
- Excessive amount of bulk requests during a time when many individuals are at home.
- Additional exposure to the coronavirus to our staff handling this material.
- The increased demand for available staff to handle all of the requests.
- Minimizing social distancing at a time when most businesses have closed or reduced their service offering.
While this is a change to the normal service we provide, this is just a safety measure we feel necessary at the current time. We will contact you as soon as we decide to change back to our normal service offering for BULK services. In advance, we thank you for your patience and understanding. Additionally we as you to share this change with your community immediately.
Operations: At this time, there has been no major impact on Broadlands’ contractor force. We will continue to communicate with our contractors regarding any potential changes to trash and recycling collection or the grounds maintenance schedule if necessary. Updates will be provided as soon as possible.
Going Forward: Conditions, concerns, and actions related to COVID-19 are changing daily. Broadlands will continue to monitor and update our actions accordingly. The Association will provide further updates on our website, website forums, email blasts, and push notifications as appropriate. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. All other questions or concerns can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-729-9704.
Due to contamination concerns regarding COVID-19, the Nature Center will be closed until March 31st. However, we will still be processing pool photos outside of the building. Photos can be taken without physical contact in just a few seconds. You don’t even need to get out of your car! So swing by the Nature Center for “drive-thru pool pass pics”! Make sure you’ve registered first and we’ll be out front and ready to snap your pictures. You can drive, bike, walk or scoot on over to the Nature Center between 10am-2pm Saturday, March 14th.
St. Patrick’s Day Block Party is Canceled for Saturday, March 14, 2020