- DEMOTT TOWNS – MAP 3: Work started this morning for “AREA A” streets and will be finished by tomorrow. Vehicles towed were relocated to Summerbrooke Pool. “AREA B” streets 10/20-10/21; “AREA C” streets 10/23-10/24. The Forest Edge speed bump will be painted on Saturday as the material needs more time to cure so the paint will adhere and hold up to vehicular traffic.
- SUNDIAL, BEXLEY, SUNDANCE – MAP 5 : “AREA B” streets 10/20-10/21, “AREA A” streets 10/23-10/24
- UPCOMING STREETS – These are PROJECTED DATES ONLY and may change due to weather conditions or other issues: Map 2 – Southern Walk; Map 4 – Overland Park; Map 6 – Thornblade; Map 7 – Bankbarn; Map 8 – Villas; Map 9 – Broadlands Station
- Map 1 Phase C will begin Monday 10/16 at 1:30pm. Please remove all vehicles from this area.
- The crack fill for Map 1 Phase A will be done within the next 4 weeks. The crews were unable to do the crackfill on phase A because it rained the morning they were scheduled to crackfill and paint, so they got the lines painted early and then reopened the lots before the rain. They will be back to crack fill this area at the end. They should not need to close down the lots do to the crackfill.
- If needed, fire lanes will be repainted after all rejuvenation is completed.
- DEMOTT TOWNS: Referring to MAP 3 work will be performed on “AREA A” streets 10/18-10/19; “AREA B” streets 10/20-10/21; “AREA C” streets 10/23-10/24
- SUNDIAL, BEXLEY, SUNDANCE: Referring to MAP 5, work will be performed on “AREA B” streets 10/20-10/21, “AREA A” streets 10/23-10/24
- VILLAGE TOWNS & MILFORD SINGLES: Referring to MAP 1 work will be performed on “AREA B” streets 10/13-10/14; “AREA C” streets 10/16-10/17
What to expect and other info:
- Day 1: 7:00 AM Crews will close streets with barricades and yellow caution tape. A towing company will be called to relocate any vehicles remaining on the road. Streets will be blown to remove debris and rejuvenator product will be applied. A smaller machine will cut in the edges near the curb, followed by a larger machine that will apply the product to the bulk of the roadway.
- Day 2: 7:00 AM Crews will apply crack sealing and paint parking space stripes street by street until complete. The areas will reopen to traffic as soon as the rejuvenator and paint dry, typically within a few hours.
- All work is weather permitting. The pavement must be 100% dry at least 2 hours before, all during, and for at least an hour after the application is complete.
We post updates from the contractor as soon as we get them and appreciate your patience during this project. Questions may be directed to email@example.com or 703-729-9704. For more information about the rejuvenation process, please review the TRITechnology website at https://www.tritechnologiesasphaltrejuvenation.com/.
- “AREA A” is complete and streets are open to drive on.
- ‘AREAS B & C’ of Map 1 are on hold as of 10/10 due to expected precipitation 10/11 and 10/12. Please stay tuned to the website and push notices from the app for updates when these areas will be blocked for work. The pavement must be 100% dry at least 2 hours before, all during, and for at least an hour after the application is complete.
Due to the weather, asphalt rejuvenation for Area A of Map 1 streets in the Village Dr and Milford Dr sections will begin on Tuesday, October 10 and continue into Wednesday, October 11. All vehicles must be removed from the streets and parking spaces, otherwise they will be towed at the owner’s expense. Please click on Map 1 to determine which streets are part of Area A. We will continue to post updates based on upcoming weather conditions.
The asphalt rejuvenation in the Village Drive Towns and Milford Singles scheduled to begin on Monday, October 9th will be delayed due to anticipated rain. An update will be provided Monday once Tuesday’s outlook is more definite. Vehicles do not need to be moved on Monday as no work will occur that day.
The Nature Center and HOA offices will be closed Monday, October 9th for Columbus day. Trash and yard waste will be collected Monday on a regular schedule.
The Board of Directors for Broadlands Association has contracted with TRI Technologies to perform asphalt rejuvenation on HOA OWNED streets. While we understand this will be an inconvenience, routine road maintenance is essential for the longevity of the road and cost savings for you and your homeowner’s association. This work will require the cooperation of all property owners and residents.
All asphalt areas will be rejuvenated including parking spaces, therefore all vehicles must be removed during the scheduled work days. Towing will be enforced at the owner’s expense. Streets will not be accessible during this project for up to 36 hours. Overnight parking will be permitted at the pool parking lots when your street is being serviced. Prior to your street repair, you will receive a notice in the mail with details on this project. In addition, a notice will be placed on your property as a reminder that work will begin soon. As always, we will provide updated information on our website, however, please be sure to sign up for the weekly Broadlands Blast on the website and download the Broadlands App to stay up to date on any changes to this project and other news.
IMPORTANT DETAILS ON THIS PROJECT:
- Please review the following schedules to determine the day your street will be closed. The first page is a street map indicating the phases (A, B, C, etc.) and the second page is the schedule showing the dates when those phases will be serviced:
- Oct 9-14: Village Drive Areas Schedule – Map 1 You may park along Village Drive or at the Southern Walk Pool parking lot. Rain is expected for Monday, so this schedule may change. Please refer back to the website for updates. More repair schedules to follow…
- Please remove all vehicles from the street by 7:00 am on your scheduled work day or they will be towed/relocated at the owners’ expense. You will not be able to access your street or driveway for up to 36 hours, so please be prepared by parking vehicles on alternate roads and making any necessary arrangements to reach your home by walking via sidewalks and trails. Overnight parking will be permitted at the pool parking lots when your street is being serviced.
- There will be no trash pickup on work days. Mail delivery can be completed if the carrier is able to walk in and drop the mail off. We will attempt to communicate with the USPS, Patriot Disposal, FedEx, UPS and schools to coordinate alternative plans for these services.
- All work is WEATHER PERMITTING In the event of rain, the project may affect the entire schedule so please check website for any updates.
- Work Areas will be Barricaded – Please do not walk or cross into barricaded area. Doing this will ruin shoes, track material onto concrete, rugs, and floors.
- For more information about the rejuvenation, please review the TRITechnology website at https://www.tritechnologiesasphaltrejuvenation.com/.
We wish to minimize the disruption to you and maximize the efficiency of the job, so please make plans accordingly! Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-729-9704.
Join the Naturalist for the final camp out this season on Friday, October 6. As always, you may come early to pitch your tent at 4pm, but the festivities do not begin until after 7pm.
$10 per tent, Sign up HERE>>
The Stone House tennis courts are scheduled for refurbishment beginning Monday, October 2, 2017 and will not be usable for approximately the next 4 weeks during construction, weather permitting. The courts will be temporarily striped in November to facilitate winter play, but the final color coat will not be applied until temperatures allow for it in the spring.
Come Together With Your Neighbors to Better Your Body, Mind and Spirit on Saturday, September 30, 8:00am-11:00pm at the Broadlands Clubhouse at 43360 Rickenbacker Sq. This FREE event is for Broadlands residents and their guests only.
Click HERE>>> to sign up by Friday, Sep 29 at 3:00pm for the following classes:
- Yoga Sculpt: 8:00am-8:50am: Join Erin Oliver for 50 minutes of Yoga Sculpt! Flow, strength training, cardio bursts, and deep stretching will leave you rejuvenated and centered.
- Tabata Bootcamp: 9:00am-9:50am: Katie Herbert uses the hottest trends in fitness and most effective High Intensity Interval training with modifications to accommodate all fitness levels.
- Barre Above: 10:00am-10:50am: In this class, Katie Herbert combines the techniques of Yoga, Pilates, and Ballet into a full-body workout. You’ll look feel great after this class. No matter your shape or your size, barre is a great class to begin changing your body for the better. Bring your own exercise mat, water and towel for all classes.
Fall Community Yard Sale – Saturday, September 23, 8:00am – 2:00pm – Around the neighborhood – DETAILS>>
- Crafts Fair – Saturday, September 23, 8:00am – Noon – Southern Walk Pool Parking Lot – DETAILS>>
- World of Wine – (Registration extended until 1:00 PM on Friday) Sunday, September 24, 7:00am – 9:00pm – Clubhouse – DETAILS>>
- Fall Wellness Morning – Saturday, September 30, 8:00am-11:00pm – Clubhouse – DETAILS>>
Vendors Attending the Broadlands Crafts Fair
|Art by Jennavieve
||Paintings, sketching, posters, drawing
||Handmade home décor crafts/wood working
||High performing safer skincare beauty products for whole family. mission: safer products into the hands of everyone
|Beni Bakery, LLC
|Celebration Plates (and friends)
||Handmade craft plates
||Products: Clay jewelry, clay sculptures, paper boxes
||Handmade Mon-Mon Monster Dolls, Holiday Paper Craft Ornaments, Girls unicorn/princess headbands
|doTerra Essential Oils
||Therapeutic-grade essential oils
|Erika & Ann’s Creations
||Hand-knits, holiday decorations, sewn items for kids
||Cosmetics and skin care
|Pam Bennett Jewelry & Crafts
||Handmade jewelry, handmade etchings, cards, ornaments, jewelry, handmade drift wood scenes
|Pecan Billion LLC
||Glass accessories, wreaths, wood necklaces
|Philosophy of Style
|Scott Kaufman Drawings
||Original drawings and prints
||Wreaths, upcycled cigar boxes & canvas art.
|Two-Jacks Carpentry & Remodeling
||Personalized Wood Signs, Mailbox Bows
|Usborne Books and More
Penny Angel Comfort Dolls
|Books for babies through teens
Get into the Halloween Spirit and decorate your home to be the scariest, funkiest or funniest in Broadlands! Judging will take place the evenings of October 23 – 26. Winning entries will be listed in the Broadlands Newsletter and on this website. Judging is based on creativity, arrangement, special effects and overall appearance.
Complete the online form below – OR – print, complete and mail/drop off the 2017 Halloween Decorating Contest Form (PDF). Entries must be submitted NO LATER than 5PM on Friday, October 20. See Contest Rules below.
Broadlands HOA Office
21907 Claiborne Parkway
Broadlands, VA 20148
- Contest is limited to what can be seen from the street side of the house at night.
- Participants are requested to keep their houses decorated through November 2nd so the community may view and enjoy them.
- Winners will be notified on Friday, October 27th, 2017
- Management reserves the right to combine or divide single family and townhome prizes if entries warrant.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
The path near Chickacoan Trail between Sundance and Cattail Meadow was treated for large wasps. The location is noted below. Please stay away for the next couple of days until the area is clear. Orange cones were placed near the area of the tree that was treated. The treatment was sprayed on the tree and not the path, but please note it is harmful to pets if ingested.