Family Camp Out at the Nature Center Tonight, click to sign up: June 30
Every month now through October, we will have two Friday camp outs per month. This will allow you to come and pitch a tent, enjoy S’mores and a fire pit, come inside and pet the animals and have bedtime stories. You can come to the Nature Center lawn and pitch your tent at 4:00pm, but we don’t light the fire until around 7:00pm. Kids have night games in the lawn and, when the weather is hot, we get out all of the water toys. If you want to come and enjoy the evening but don’t have the camping equipment we would love to have you. Costs are only $10.00 per family. These costs remain the same if you camp out or not as they cover the wood and marshmallows.
Stars & Stripes Parade and Holiday Pool Party
Saturday, July 1st:
- 4:00 pm – Start the party at Hillside Park by joining the parade! Sport your red, white, and blue gear and decorate your bikes and strollers to acknowledge Independence Day. We’ll walk, ride and stroll to the Stars and Stripes Pool Party.
- 5:00 pm – 11:00 pm at the Southern Walk Pool – See flyer for details: 2017 BWHS Stars & Stripes Pool Party Flyer
Middle School Summer Kickoff Party 2016 – PDF
6:30pm – 9:00pm at the Southern Walk Pool
All rising 6th, 7th and 8th grade Broadlands Residents and their guests are welcome!
Celebrate the end of school and beginning of summer with your friends! Enjoy music, video games, pizza and frozen treats! We would love to have more volunteers. Parents must sign their kids in and the kids that they are responsible for. Only middle school aged children and chaperones permitted. The HOA is not responsible for kids that leave the party early.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS! Please sign up on Sign Up Genius at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b4da5a923a6fc1-summer2 or email Natalie Ihanainen firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take advantage of the remaining days outside of normal business hours to get your pool pass photos:
- Thu, May 26: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Sat, May 28: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Sat, Jun 4: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Standard photo hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:30pm. Applications received after 4:30 will NOT be processed the same day.
For information on Applications, Pool Hours, How to Obtain a Pool Pass, Pool Rules and Swim Lessons, click HERE>>
Dog Swim Flyer 2015
C l o s e o u t t h e s u m m e r swim season with a unique socialization and exercise activity for your dog! Broadlands is hosting a dog swim event at the Community Pool on Saturday, September 12th from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. There will be four fifty (50) minute time slots, and the cost will be $3.00 per dog per time slot. You can sign your dog up for one, two, three, or four…it’s up to you! Sign-up is done at the pool on the day of the event. Owners must sign a liability waiver and bring proof of current rabies vaccination.
If you’d like your best furry pal to participate, make sure that he or she is:
- at least 6 months old
- current with rabies vaccinations (proof is required)
- spayed or neutered
- friendly and used to group play
- physically fit for swimming and playing
- capable of safely exiting a swimming pool
- ready to have fun! This pool paw-ty should be a barking good time!
To all Broadlands residents with pups! Bring your furry family members on Sunday, September 7 for some fun in the sun at the Community Pool located at 43008 Waxpool Road. Mali Thai Cuisine will be offering human treats for our two-legged guests and Golden Nuggets will have homemade dog treats for your pups, free of charge! Stream Valley Vet will be there with fun giveaways and a staff member present to answer any health questions you may have regarding your family pet. The Pooch Pool Party is sponsored by Woofies and they are offering free nail trims during this event!!
Please remember to bring your pool pass ID. All participating residents must complete and sign the following waiver and bring it on the day of the event in order to have their pet participate: Broadlands Pooch Pool Party waiver.
Pooch Swim Flyer in PDF
Questions? Please email Woofies at email@example.com
BROADLANDS OUTSIDE POOL MEMBERSHIP **NEW RATES IN 2018**
The Board of Directors of Broadlands Association, Inc. is again offering Outside Pool Memberships for the 2018 Pool Season to non-residents families beginning Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. This offer is valid for the 2018 season only. The Board of Directors will review the issue of Outside Memberships on an annual basis.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS AND POLICIES
- ***REMINDER*** The passes that you will be issued this year will not have an expiration date and can be used with future renewals of an Outside Membership. Reprints for lost passes will cost $5.00 each.
- Outside Memberships are only valid at the Community Pool and the Southern Walk Pool.
- The Summerbrooke Pool on Demott Drive is EXCLUDED from this offer.
- Outside Memberships are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- There are a limited number of memberships and they will be awarded on a “first received, first issued” basis.
- Pool passes are required for entry into the pools; no exceptions.
2018 FEES & INFO FOR OUTSIDE MEMBERSHIP FOR UP TO 5 FAMILY MEMBERS:
Pool Memberships run from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Purchased through April 30: $400.00
- Purchased beginning May 1: $450.00
- Purchased beginning August 1: $225.00
- Have more than 5 family members in your household? Additional family members aged 5 and older may be added to the membership at a cost of $100 each for the season.
Guest Passes: A 10-visit pass costs $40. On the application, please indicate how many guest passes you need and include an additional $40 per guest pass when paying online. Guest passes expire at the end of the pool season.
- Application Form: Click on OUTSIDE – 2018 Pool Application – In order to obtain Outside Membership passes, this form must be completed and either:
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxed to 703-729-9733
- Mailed or drop off: Broadlands Association, Inc. 21907 Claiborne parkway, Broadlands, VA 20148.
- Walk-in applications will NOT be processed for same day delivery if received after 4:30pm
- Payments: Please click on “Add to Cart” button below below to pay for your Outside Membership by credit card. If applicable, click ‘continue shopping’ to add more options; otherwise, select ‘check out’. If you have Paypal, login, otherwise, on the bottom right of the Paypal page, select ‘pay with debit or credit card’ and select your payment method tab. Enter in information and select ‘pay’ at the bottom:
- POOL PASS PHOTOS: Beginning April 2018, pictures will be taken at the nature center from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m for pool passes. Monday through Friday on a first come first served basis.
Special After-Hours Processing: For those members who cannot make it during our normal business time, we are offering special hours for pool pass photos on the following days:
Sat, May 19: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm; Thu, May 24: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm; Sat, May 26: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm; Sat, Jun 2: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm; Mon, Jun 4: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
NEW AND RETURNING MEMBERS
RETURNING MEMBERS & UPDATED POOL PASSES: Please complete an OUTSIDE – 2018 Pool Application and submit it to the HOA office. In order to secure your membership, a payment must be submitted either online or included with your form. If you were a member last year, your photos from the previous year will be used. WALK-IN APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED FOR SAME DAY DELIVERY IF RECEIVED AFTER 4:00 PM. Please DO NOT throw out your passes after the 2018 season if you plan to use them for future seasons. Reprints for lost passes will cost $5.00 each. Please contact the HOA office to ensure that your submission was received and your updated cards are ready for pick up.
NEW MEMBERS & POOL PASSES: Please complete an OUTSIDE – 2018 Pool Application and submit it to the HOA office. In order to secure your membership, a payment must be submitted either online or included with your form. Beginning April 2018, pictures will be taken at the Nature Center from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday on a first come first served basis. WALK-IN APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED FOR SAME DAY DELIVERY IF RECEIVED AFTER 4:00 PM. Your pool passes will be printed without an expiration date and can be used with future renewals of your Outside Membership. Therefore, please DO NOT throw out these passes after the 2018 season. Reprints for lost passes will cost $5.00 each.
Please read the Pool Rules for information about General Rules, Health and Sanitation, Safety, and Disciplinary Actions. A more detailed version of the rules can be found here: Detailed Pool Rules
POOL HOURS AND LOCATIONS
Southern Walk Pool – 43081 Village Drive – 571-223-133
- During school: Weekday hours are 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Weekend and holiday hours are 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- After school: Standard pool hours will be 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily; August 1st to Labor Day: 11:00a.m. – 8:00p.m. daily.
Community Pool – 43008 Waxpool Road – 703-724-7830
During school: Weekend and holiday hours are 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Closed on weekdays.
After school: Standard pool hours will be 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily.
Lap Swim only at Community Center Pool: Starting after school is out in June, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 5:30 a.m. to 7:50 a.m.
SWIM LESSON INFORMATION