VDOT’s large resurfacing project affects some roads in the Broadlands/South Ashburn area:
- Claiborne Parkway from Waxpool Road to Wynridge Drive
- Demott Drive from Reilly Terrace to Mooreview Parkway
- Mooreivew Parkway from Old Ryan Road/Greenway Ramp to Croson Lane
- Mooreview Parkway from Old Ryan Road to Loudoun County Parkway
- Wynridge Drive/Claude Moore Drive from Claiborne Parkway to Old Ryan Road
- Among others not in the Broad Run District. They can all be viewed on this map: http://vdot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=fbf86e85fdcb43e482432f41ddbb51c7
During the project, the contractor completes each of the resurfacing steps on all of the roads at the same time, then moves onto the next step (they are not resurfacing each road one by one). At this point they are putting down temporary pavement markings and will begin painting permanent markings after the new surface has cured for two weeks. Since this project is still ongoing, and has many weeks until completion, any gravel remnants will be removed in the near future. The contractor must complete all road work by October 23, but are currently ahead of schedule. For questions, please contact VDOT directly at 800-367-7623 or my.vdot.virginia.gov/.