Due to limited staffing availability, the Community Center Pool will be closed after Sunday, August 23rd. The Southern Walk Pool will remain open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. through Monday, September 7th.
We are excited to announce the opening of the Recreational Pool located at 43008 Waxpool Rd adjacent to the main pool at the Community Center. The Rec Pool replaces the wading pool to accommodate water sports play. Basketball and volleyball are available. The rec pool measures 20′ x 40′ with an average dept of 4′. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the current max capacity is 10. Please read the Rec Pool Rules prior to use.
The following are updated hours for the Southern Walk and Community Center Pool. Cleanings will remain the same where after each time slot, the pool will be vacated and cleaned for 30 minutes. (Hours, locations, and time slots may be adjusted as necessary, pending staffing availability):
- Southern Walk: 10:00am – 8:00pm daily, which includes four 2-hour time slots. Time slots: 10:00am-12:00pm, 12:30pm-2:30pm, 3:00pm-5:00pm, 5:30pm-7:30pm. (max capacity per time slot: 140)
- Community Center Pool: 12:00pm – 8:00pm daily, which includes four 90-minute time slots. After each time slot, the pool will be vacated and cleaned for 30 minutes. Time slots: 12:00pm-1:30pm, 2:00pm-3:30pm, 4:00pm-5:30pm, 6:00pm-7:30pm. (max capacity per time slot: 60)
- The Community Center will offer lap swim: 8am-11am Monday – Friday.
- In order to access the pool, you must have already completed the new virtual pool pass registration and submitted photos for your household. Please read registration instructions HERE>>
- All patrons must bring a Liability Waiver for each day they visit the pool. We will be operating at a reduced capacity, therefore no guests will be permitted.
- All patrons must comply with the following guidelines when visiting the pool, PLEASE READ POOL GUIDELINES>>
- Patrons aged 2 and over must wear a mask for entry into the pool facility and when moving around on deck and/or visiting the restrooms.
- Masks may be removed when seated on the pool deck only when patrons not of the same household are seated more than 10 ft away.
- Masks are not required while patrons are in the water. Patrons must practice proper physical distancing and sanitizing hygiene.
No reservations will be needed for recreational swimming at the Southern Walk Pool. Pool hours are 12-8:00pm, which includes four 90-minute sessions. After each session, pools will be vacated and cleaned for 30 minutes. In order to access the pool, you must have already completed the new virtual pool pass registration and submitted photos for your household. All patrons must bring a Liability Waiver for each day they visit the pool. We will be operating at a reduced capacity, therefore no guests will be permitted. All patrons must comply with the following guidelines when visiting the pool, PLEASE READ>>
The following is a notice from the Broadlands Board of Directors and Management providing an update to the status of Broadlands Amenities PLEASE READ>>
DON’T WAIT! REGISTER AND COME IN NOW FOR PICTURES TO AVOID LONG LINES DURING THE SEASON!
YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR HOUSEHOLD BEFORE COMING IN FOR PHOTOS! Due to concerns with COVID-19, the Nature Center building will be closed until March 31, 2020. Therefore pictures will be handled as follows: Photos will be performed out front of the building to avoid contact. Please contact the office to confirm availability and we would be happy to meet you out front.
Arbor and Van Metre Apartment tenants may access Broadlands pools by purchasing a membership. The 2020 fee for a household membership is $200. You must pay prior to registering HERE>>
Not a Broadlands Association resident? Outside Memberships are available. You must pay prior to registering HERE>>
Broadlands offers Outside Household Memberships to residents that are not a part of Broadlands Association, Inc. No individual memberships or daily passes offered. Non-residents must pay first, then register only once online through Cellbadge and submit photos using Steps 1-6 below to set up their virtual passes (no physical passes). Once fully registered AND photos are submitted, only payment is required for future seasons unless your status has changed. The HOA office is currently closed to the public. Please contact the office at 703-729-9704 or email@example.com with questions.
Pools will open without restrictions and will operate with normal pool hours. The CDC guidelines state that fully vaccinated individuals do not have to wear masks. Those who are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated are strongly encouraged to wear masks.
POOL LOCATIONS & HOURS
SOUTHERN WALK POOL
43081 Village Dr
43008 Waxpool Rd
ON-LINE POOL REGISTRATION – FOLLOW STEPS 1-6 BELOW
STOP! If you registered in Cellbadge last year and submitted your photos, you do not need to re-register. Just pay for the membership under STEP 1 below. When entering the pools, just provide your name or address to the lifeguards. Registration is only done ONCE! NO PHOTOS? NO ENTRY!
STEP 1 – PAY FOR 2021 OUTSIDE POOL MEMBERSHIP – includes up to 5 household members, select Buy Now button to purchase
|Fee||For up to 5 household members if:|
|$450||purchased through May 31, 2021|
|$500||purchased starting June 1, 2021|
|$250||purchased starting August 1, 2021|
|$125||Have more than 5? Cost for each add’l member.|
Guest Visits for Outside Memberships – Purchase Here>
If you plan to bring guests to the pools, you must purchase guest visits, which are sold in increments of 10, $40 per set of 10 visits. Only 3 guests per member are permitted at a time. Guest visits are deducted per each guest entering the pool.They are not transferable nor roll over the following year. To purchase, please click Buy Now button below and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify the HOA to add them to your account. Please allow up to 48 business hours for these to take effect. Guest visits will only be added M-F, 9-5 during office hours.
STEP 2 – CREATE HOUSEHOLD ACCOUNT> One-time registration only. Only payment is needed if registered in 2020
Access the CELLBADGE REGISTRATION SITE and under Initial Add Request, please enter the information as a primary member in order to create a master household account. This initial add request will be forwarded to HOA staff who will validate that you have paid. Please allow 2-3 business days for the initial approval to be processed. Once validated, you will receive a text/email indicating that your registration has been added but will remain pending until the registration is updated with household members (STEP 4).
STEP 3 – ACQUIRE PIN>
After you have received a text/email that your registration has been added, please return to the same registration site and follow the instructions under the blue header “Previously Registered or Approved” and enter your credentials under “Enter or Update Household Members” to get your unique PIN via text/email to continue the process in STEP 4.
STEP 4 – ADD HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS>
Enter PIN to access the Household Members page to add all household members, ages 5 and older, including childcare providers that live with you. PLEASE SELECT “OUTSIDE–ADULT” OR “OUTSIDE-CHILD” AS THE RELATION (See Relations Info below for clarification.) Once finished, check the box to verify you have agreed to the facility terms and click Complete Registration. Please allow 2-3 business days for approval, upon which you will receive a text/email indicating that your Broadlands HOA registration has been accepted, however, you must complete STEP 5 and submit photos to gain access to the pools. Once registered, if you need to make changes or add family members to your pool account, just revisit the registration site, obtain a pin and access your account to make updates.
RELATIONS INFO – ADDING HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS>
*Household Member Defined: Persons living in the dwelling, including college students, other non-resident children visiting for the summer, live-in caregivers (select “other-live-in nanny” for relation when registering) or others showing proof your residency at the registered address.
- Outside – Adult: Anyone age 18 and older must provide a valid photo ID showing proof of your residency at the registered address. Select “Outside-Adult” as the relation when adding them to your household account.
- Outside – Child: Children who are 5 years or older by June 1 must be added to the household account for the upcoming pool season and are required to have their picture taken. Select “Outside-Child” as the relation when adding them to your household account if under 18. Registered children who have turned 13 or 18 will need to have their relation status updated on your account to reflect the proper category. In order to add or change a household member’s status, visit the registration site, and create a pin to access your account to make updates. Children under 5 years old may be added to the household to have an older guest accompany them when other family members are not available. Remember, you must pay an additional $125 per person over 5 members prior to adding.
STEP 5 – PICTURES (no entry if this step is missed!)>
Once your registration has been accepted, you must email pictures for all registered members aged 5 and older and follow these guidelines when submitting photos to prevent delays with completing your registration. Picture processing hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm: Please read “HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOS” below.
HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOS>
- Email an acceptable photo (jpg or png format) of each member in your household to email@example.com. Copies of driver’s license should be used for 18+ members. For security, you may cross out all info except Photo, Name, Address & DOB before emailing a copy. Recent copies of headshots may be used for children under 18. Pictures will be processed within 2-3 business days.
- Subject line of email must be written as: “pool photos – Registered Last Name” (i.e. pool photos – Smith)
- Each photo must be attached as a separate file to your email with the following naming convention: “address.firstname” (i.e. 42001Ridgeway.Susan).
- All names must correspond with the registered names in your Cellbadge pool account so they can be imported to the proper record.
WHAT ARE ACCEPTABLE* PHOTOS? (copy of valid ID’s or current headshots only)
- Adults aged 18 and over are required to show proof of residency, so emailing a copy of a driver’s license would be sufficient. HOA staff will only need to see the address, picture, name and date of birth on these ID’s. For security reasons, ID numbers and any other information may be crossed out prior to emailing. If an adult’s license does not reflect the registered Broadlands address, then additional documentation should be emailed along with your photo showing proof additional documentation should be emailed along with your photo showing proof of residency. Acceptable documents would be settlement papers, utility bills or a change of address card.
- For children aged 5 and older, please email a current headshot. For teens, a copy of their driver’s license/permit may be emailed. Photos for children aged 4 and under are not required.
STEP 6 – ACCESSING THE POOLS>
Once your photos are set up, your process is complete and access to the pools is simple since no pass is required – just check-in with the lifeguard by providing your name and address and they will be able to access your “virtual ID card” and photo in the system to allow access. If you ever need to access your pool account to view or make changes, please just return to the registration page and acquire a new pin to access.
- Please read the Pool Rules for information about General Rules, Health and Sanitation, Safety, and Disciplinary Actions.
- A more detailed version of the rules can be found here: Detailed Pool Rules.
- Rec Pool Rules at the Community Pool
Questions? 703-729-9704 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Disorderly or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated
The Board of Directors of Broadlands Association, Inc. is offering this Outside Pool Memberships for the 2021 Pool Season to non-residents families beginning Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. This offer is valid for the 2021 season only. The Board of Directors will review the issue of Outside Memberships on an annual basis.
The HOA Office and Nature Center will be closed on Monday, May 27th. Trash will be collected on a regular schedule.
Pools Open on Saturday! Regular hours for pool pass processing are from 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday at the HOA Office located at 21907 Claiborne Parkway. We are offering additional hours for processing passes on the following days:
- Fri, May 24—5:00pm to 8:00pm
- Wed, May 29—5:00pmto 8:00pm
- Sat, Jun 1—10:00am to 2:00pm
Please be sure you have completed a pool application and submitted it to email@example.com PRIOR to coming to the office for pictures to expedite the process. Pools open Saturday, May 25th. For details on how to obtain a pool pass, click HERE>>
Camp Whomping Willow Tonight! Register Here>>
Southern Walk Pool (SW) – 43081 Village Drive | 571-223-1331
4:00 pm – 8:00 pm Weekdays only
11:00 am – 8:00 pm Weekends & Holidays
Community Center Pool (CC) – 43008 Waxpool Road | 703-724-7830
12:00 pm – 9:00 pm Weekends & Holidays, Closed on Weekdays
Summerbrooke Pool (SB) – 21580 Demott Drive | 703-724-9818
10:00 am – 8:00 pm Daily