The rescheduled 2020 Annual Meeting of the members of Broadlands Association, Inc. will be held virtually on Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at 7:00pm, check in starts at 6:45pm. Please read the following information regarding the upcoming annual meeting and how to attend virtually: 2020 Annual Meeting DETAILS>>
RESIDENT COOPERATION IS REQUIRED DURING CONSTRUCTION! Please read carefully the following details of this project and how it may affect you: Repaving Project Fall 2020.
PHASE 6: WILL START, MONDAY, OCTOBER 19TH AND END FRIDAY OCTOBER 23:Vehicles must be removed by 7:30am-6:30pm, if vehicles are not moved by 7:30am, they will be towed and relocated to the Southern Walk Pool in Broadlands. There will be no access to these streets during construction, so if you need your vehicle please relocate prior to 7:30am each day. Phase 6 affects the following streets:
- AVONWORTH (partial from Claiborne to Marburg)
- DILWORTH (partial from Avonworth to Marburg)
Basketball Court Repaving
Nature Center Basketball courts are scheduled to be repaved by mid week, October 21st. Barriers will be lifted once it’s ready to be used again.
Trail Work in Select Areas
Trail repairs have begun with milling, paving, and improving drainage in select areas only. These areas are marked and you may be required to turn around if a section is blocked.
On the Line Tennis now offers lessons to Broadlands residents at the Nature Center tennis courts. All lessons are taught by PTR Certified Professional Don Barker. Classes are held following the USTA COVID safety guidelines. For questions or to register for classes, please visit the On the Line Tennis website at www.otltennis.com
If you are interested in serving, please complete the Nominating Form and Petition for Candidacy and return both documents to the Broadlands Association, Inc. office by 5:00pm on Friday, September 25, 2020. You may email forms directly to email@example.com.
The rescheduled 2020 Annual Meeting of the members of Broadlands Association, Inc. will be held virtually on Tuesday, November 10, 2020. Please read the following notice regarding this virtual meeting. If you are interested in serving, you may complete the forms included and return to the HOA office by 5:00pm on Friday, September 25, 2020. READ MORE>>
Please plan to attend this important meeting!
UPDATE 9.14.20 5:30pm: The email system has been recycled and emails are now being received by the HOA office.
The HOA office staff is unable to receive emails at this time, however, the issue should be corrected within the next 24 hours. If you need immediate assistance, please contact our office by phone at 703-729-9704 or feel free to contact the appropriate party directly as noted below:
- Covenants Inspector: Suzan Rodano, (703) 520-9903
- Secretary to Modifications Subcommittee: Robin Crews, (703) 520-9902
- Director of Resident Services and Advertising Manager: Stassa Collins, (703) 729-9714
- Newsletter Editor and Events Committee Liaison: Natalie Ihanainen, (703) 520-9906
- Administrative Specialist and Outreach Program: Julie Holstein, (703) 520-9904
- Naturalist: Rachel Merino, (703) 729-9726
We will post updates here if there are any changes. Thank you for your patience.
Due to limited staffing availability, the Community Center Pool will be closed after Sunday, August 23rd. The Southern Walk Pool will remain open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. through Monday, September 7th.
VDOT’s large resurfacing project affects some roads in the Broadlands/South Ashburn area:
- Claiborne Parkway from Waxpool Road to Wynridge Drive
- Demott Drive from Reilly Terrace to Mooreview Parkway
- Mooreivew Parkway from Old Ryan Road/Greenway Ramp to Croson Lane
- Mooreview Parkway from Old Ryan Road to Loudoun County Parkway
- Wynridge Drive/Claude Moore Drive from Claiborne Parkway to Old Ryan Road
- Among others not in the Broad Run District. They can all be viewed on this map: http://vdot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=fbf86e85fdcb43e482432f41ddbb51c7
During the project, the contractor completes each of the resurfacing steps on all of the roads at the same time, then moves onto the next step (they are not resurfacing each road one by one). At this point they are putting down temporary pavement markings and will begin painting permanent markings after the new surface has cured for two weeks. Since this project is still ongoing, and has many weeks until completion, any gravel remnants will be removed in the near future. The contractor must complete all road work by October 23, but are currently ahead of schedule. For questions, please contact VDOT directly at 800-367-7623 or my.vdot.virginia.gov/.