Broadlands Association and LCPS have contracted with the USDA to address the vulture population in the Broadlands area. To deter the vultures, the USDA will perform dispersal tactics beginning Monday, March 1st, which may continue through Sunday, March 7th, if necessary. It is important to read the following notice about this remediation process and understand that some tactics used may set off unexpected noises:
Members of the public have an opportunity to shape future routes and schedules for Loudoun County Transit’s Metro Connection Bus service. The proposed Metro Connection Bus Routes to Metrorail Silver Line stations will go into effect when the Ashburn and Loudoun Gateway Metrorail Stations open in Loudoun County, currently estimated for summer 2021.
Overview on how to attend online public meeting on February 25, 6:00pm-7:30pm to ask questions, provide input and learn more about the proposed routes:
- Login information and meeting materials are available for review at loudoun.gov/silverlinebusroutes and loudoun.gov/remoteparticipation.
- Members of the public must sign up in advance to ask questions during the event by 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, February 24, 2021.
- Chat messages will also be answered during the meeting as time allows.
- Comments from the public regarding the proposed Silver Line Bus Routes may be submitted using our online form at loudoun.gov/silverlinebusroutes, by email or postal mail. All comments received by March 26, 2021, will be included in the process to finalize the route.
- Contact: email Transit@loudoun.gov or call 877-465-2287
Interested in Composting?
To gauge interest from our residents about potential participation in a Broadlands composting program, please answer a short on-line survey by clicking the link below. Read More>>
Numbers to Call with Snow Removal/Maintenance Questions or Concerns, please check who owns the street first before contacting:
- VDOT Streets (Northern Virginia District Office) 1-800-367-7623 http://vdotplows.org/ to track VDOT truck locations
- HOA Streets (Broadlands Association) 703-729-9704
- Sidewalk Complaints thru Loudoun County LEx: http://iframe.publicstuff.com
STOP! Are you planning on adding or making any changes to the exterior of your home or property? Changes, additions and improvements need approval, whether they physically touch your home or not!
Before making any modification change, addition or improvement to the exterior of your home, an application is required for the Modifications Subcommittee to review. If in doubt an application is needed, please contact Robin Crews, Modifications/Resale Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions. For the full process on how to submit a modification for approval, please visit our website at: broadlandshoa.org/design-guidelines
The Declarations for Broadlands Association Article 7, Section 7.5 (a) – Additions, Alterations, or Improvements by the Owners Subsection – Approval requires that “No person shall make any addition, alteration, or improvement in or to any Lot or any portion of the Property (other than for normal upkeep or natural landscaping and not because of the transparency of glass doors, walls, or windows) which is visible from the exterior of the Lot or such portion of the Property, without the prior written consent of the Covenants Committee.”
There are many low-lying trees along the Broadlands Blvd path that prevent our snow plow crews from continuing to treat those areas. For their safety, these areas will not be worked on until they are safely passable using plows.