- Claiborne Parkway across from the Nature Center
- Stillwater Terrace between the condos and villas
- Rickenbacker Square, next to the Fitness Center.
- Stone House, located at Hillside Park. The Stone House tennis courts will be temporarily striped in November to facilitate winter play, but the final color coat will not be applied until temperatures allow for it in the spring.
Broadlands offers both tennis lessons and activities for those who enjoy the sport or would like to improve their skills.
The Broadlands Has Chosen a New “Official” Tennis Pro Starting in January 2018
Prime Time Tennis Academy is coming to Broadlands this spring! All lessons will be taught by PTR Certified Professionals Don Barker and Jeet Bhide. Smaller class sizes (3-6 students per instructor) will help maximize your tennis experience. Lessons will be held at the Nature Center tennis courts.
Jeet Bhide: As Tennis Director and Coach, Jeet brings significant tennis experience to Prime Time Tennis Academy. He attended South Lakes High School where he led his team to a State Championship and earned All-District and All-Region honors. He graduated from The College of William and Mary and then The Medical College of Virginia (Dentistry) where he played #1 for the VCU/MCV club team.
Jeet is certified by PTR (Professional Level) and has taught tennis for 20 years. He was a tennis instructor for Reston Association, Hidden Creek Country Club and more recently has helped with the junior program at Belmont Country Club. His tennis work experience includes the following:
- Head Instructor for group and private lessons to children, teens, and adults
- Head Instructor for summer tennis camps
- Coach of local tennis teams both youth and adult
- Instructor for charity tennis clinics
- Running and organizing tennis tournaments
- High school level personal coaching
Don Barker: Coach Don has been teaching tennis in Broadlands since 2012. He has been a full-time tennis instructor for the past 16 years and holds certifications from:
- ITPA (Tennis Performance Trainer)
- PTR (Professional)
- Cardio Tennis
- Etcheberry (Strength and Conditioning)
Don taught tennis at Ida Lee Park Tennis Center in Leesburg and has extensive experience and knowledge teaching all levels of juniors and adults.
For more information and to sign up for classes/clinics, visit: PrimeTimeTennisAcademy.com
2017 BROADLANDS “BOYS NIGHT OUT” DOUBLES TENNIS LADDER
Description: We have reserved the Nature Center courts on Sunday nights for a men’s doubles ladder.
Participants: Men with NTRP ranking of 3.0 or higher. Fee: $20.00 covers the season – balls will be provided. Format: Three “No Add” scoring sets will be played with a tie break at 5 – 5 in each set. Each set will be with a different partner on your court. Ranking: A winning percentage for each player is calculated dividing total games won by total games played. A grand total winning percentage will be calculated week by week and the highest percentages will be at the top of the ranking. -Courts will be assigned based on the rankings. Court 1 would have the 4 highest winning percentage players, court 2 would then have the second 4 highest winning percentage players, a n d so on.
When: Every Sunday night starting at 6:00pm, rounds ongoing
Where: Broadlands Nature Center Courts
Contact: To join the ladder or to get further information, contact email@example.com or visit the Broadlands tennis website: BroadlandsTennis.org.