The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office has requested that we remind our residents that it is illegal to park in fire lanes or within 15 feet of a fire hydrant, regardless of whether there is signage, or a yellow curb painted at the hydrant. The Fire Marshal’s Office and Sheriff’s Department are patrolling the community and issuing tickets for violators. For the specific state code, please visit: https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title46.2/chapter12/section46.2-1239/
Vehicles parked in violation of any of the following regulations may be ticketed and towed at the owner’s sole risk and expense:
- Parking within 15 feet of a fire hydrant.
- Parking in a fire lane, along a yellow curb or no parking sign area.
- Parking in the wrong direction on any street.
- Parking within 10 feet on either side of a mailbox.
- Blocking any sidewalks. This includes parking your vehicle in a driveway and extending across the sidewalk.
- Parking within 20 feet of the intersection of curb lines or, if none, within 15 feet of the intersection of property lines.
- Obstructing access to and from a private driveway.
All residents and visitors shall observe and abide by the Broadlands Association, Inc. parking regulations and those of the State and Loudoun County authorities. The violations mentioned above are just a portion of the guidelines. For details on Broadlands Association, Inc. parking regulations, please read Parking Regulations and Enforcement.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Covenants Department at email@example.com or (703) 520-9903.