Thanks to the crowds that have come to our potion’s events for the last 4 years, we are beginning a monthly potion (herbal preparations) series for the entire year of 2019. This will allow us to focus on specific herbs for specific needs: digestion support, sleep aids, stress reducers, emotional balance, immune-support, two outings gathering and preparing our herbs that grow here in our own backyard, and two fun potions classes where we will make gifts toward the end of the year.
Individual classes $20 each.To register, scroll down to select either the series(10 classes) or individual classes.
A Closer Look of What Will Be Concocted Each Month:
- January 26 (rescheduled date!): DIGESTION: We figured as our immune system is strong when our digestive tract is strong it was the right place to start during cold and flu season. So we’re learning some basic skills to make all of your food more easily digested and then also looking at some herbal supports. We will be making sourdough bread (I’m gluten intolerant, but the sourdough fermentation breaks up the wheat gluten making this much more easily digestible than normal bread), learning to make yogurt and sauerkraut (two ways of putting the good bacteria in your guts so you get the nutrition from your food!), creating a belly tea to support both digestive tracts that are moving too fast and too slow, mixing a digestive bitter to take with meals (this is a recipe from the company Urban Moonshine and one of my favorites), and concocting a digestive elixir for acute digestive illness. So many skills to cover, so little time. Register online so we can have all of the supplies needed for this information dense class.
- February 2nd: HEART SUPPORT: If Snape had not been bullied by James Potter he would be brewing Potions for Heart Support with all of us
- March 2nd: ANXIETY & STRESS REDUCTION: Snape will somehow make an appearance at this month’s potions lab as he is the specialist on keeping calm (even when dancing with the Dark Lord Mr. V proud owner of terrible nostril plastic surgery).
- April 6th: CLEANING: Even a bachelor like Snape must do spring cleaning. Herbs for the Home for those of you muggles lacking a working wand to zap it squeaky clean
- May: No Potions Class
- June 1st: Wild Herb Foragingand Preparations: for Spring/Summer (for when you get stuck in the forest hunting down the unicorn blood suckers)
- July: No Potions Class
- August 3rd: Meals as Medicine and Immunity Boosting: aka Potions to sneak into folks who think potions are fun to make but ne’er to enter their mouths. (This month will feature what herbalists call “Adaptogens”)
- September 7th: Wild Herb Foraging and Preparations Summer/Fall for when you go searching for Grawp with Hagrid
- October 5th: Our yearly Come in Costume if you Dare! Harry Potter Themed Potions
- November 2nd: This is a set of potions Snape never mastered…Herbal options for Emotional Lows
- December 7th: Snape’s bizarre secret passion…making herbal gifts for the holidays