Van Metre will start clearing trees and begin blasting this month, through January, at the new town/condo Section 202 on Demott across from the apartments.
The tot lot off Vestals Gap will be replaced beginning 12/8/20 and will be closed for approximately 4 days for reconstruction. We appreciate your patience while this area is being renovated.
Going all in for the Holidays? Then you may be selected as one of the winners for the holiday home decorating contest. No Entry required, just spruce up your property and be judged the week of December 7th! Click flyer below for details.
Since registration is not required, if you would like to ensure your home is viewed by the judges for the contest, feel free to email us at email@example.com. Emailing us is not required!
Concrete Jack will be performing repair work on HOA owned sidewalks to raise and support or grind down concrete as appropriate, to reduce trip hazards from Monday, November 30th through Friday, December 4th. This work will only be done on HOA owned buildings and HOA owned sidewalks on private streets. This does NOT include sidewalks adjacent to VDOT roads or on resident properties. We do not anticipate any significant interruptions in sidewalk access. Detailed information on the process can be found on their website at concretejack.com/trip-hazard-repair. These repairs are both environmentally friendly (uses existing concrete rather than removing, discarding of, and repouring old concrete) and cost efficient.
The Comfort Cases packing party will be held on Saturday, November 21st, from 9:00am-1:00pm at the Community Center. Due to the restrictions required by the state, the number of volunteer spots is limited, so hurry and sign up now at the blue link above be part of this amazing event that helps children in foster care! Comfort Cases Flyer>> Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO DONATE…
- Drop off donations at the Nature Center at 21907 Claiborne Pkwy on the left side patio in the bin labeled Comfort Cases by November 20th. Or drop off at Packing Party event on November 21st from 9-1pm at the Community Center at 43004 Waxpool Rd.
- Or purchase donations through the Amazon Wish List so they are received by November 20th: www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3LDQDIN17CXFS?ref_=wl_share and have it shipped to: Broadlands Community Outreach c/o Julie/Comfort Cases at 21907 Claiborne Parkway, Ashburn VA 20148
- Or make a monetary donation: Make a monetary donation directly to Comfort Cases: comfortcases.org/broadlands ($45 buys a fully completed backpack filled with essential items.)
The rescheduled 2020 Annual Meeting of the members of Broadlands Association, Inc. will be held virtually on Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at 7:00pm, check in starts at 6:45pm. Please read the following information regarding the upcoming annual meeting and how to attend virtually: 2020 Annual Meeting DETAILS>>
- Monday-11-2 – Crews will remove trail at the Nature center and will have a paving crew repave by end of today
- Tuesday-11-3 – Crews will remove asphalt trail on the Wingfoot section of trails and will have the paving crew start in the afternoon
- Wednesday-11-4 – Paving continues at Wingfoot trails
- Thursday-11-5 – Paving crew complete paving Wingfoot trails
- Fire lane painting in various places
RESIDENT COOPERATION IS REQUIRED DURING CONSTRUCTION! Please read carefully the following details of this project and how it may affect you: Repaving Project Fall 2020.
PHASE 6: WILL START, MONDAY, OCTOBER 19TH AND END FRIDAY OCTOBER 23:Vehicles must be removed by 7:30am-6:30pm, if vehicles are not moved by 7:30am, they will be towed and relocated to the Southern Walk Pool in Broadlands. There will be no access to these streets during construction, so if you need your vehicle please relocate prior to 7:30am each day. Phase 6 affects the following streets:
- AVONWORTH (partial from Claiborne to Marburg)
- DILWORTH (partial from Avonworth to Marburg)
Basketball Court Repaving
Nature Center Basketball courts are scheduled to be repaved by mid week, October 21st. Barriers will be lifted once it’s ready to be used again.
Trail Work in Select Areas
Trail repairs have begun with milling, paving, and improving drainage in select areas only. These areas are marked and you may be required to turn around if a section is blocked.