No trash or recycling services on Thanksgiving Day. Make-up day is Saturday, November 30th.
An updated version of the December 2019 Newsletter has been posted as of November 26, 2019. You can find the online edition by clicking here.
****REGISTRATIONS ENDS FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2019 AT 5:00PM****
Kick off your holiday season with an evening of holiday appetizers and wine on December 1st from 5-7pm. The evening will begin with a welcome glass of sparkling wine followed by the event that will begin promptly at 5pm. Doors open at 4:45pm. $15 per person, no refunds. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to attend. REGISTER HERE>>
Broadlands Residents and their guests only.
***Registration is Now Closed***
Saturday, November 16, 2019, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. at the Club House at 43360 Rickenbacker Sq. Event Details>>
With this year’s theme, you will enjoy:
- DJ and Dancing
- Sipping Bubbly Apple Cider
- Photo Booth
- A Chocolate Fountain and Light Appetizers
- Plus, more!
Come out to Briar Woods High School this Saturday and/or Sunday to volunteer for a very important cause — giving youths in the foster care system the support they need for their journey by providing them with their own case filled with essentials. November 9th is organizing day & November 10th is packing day. Both start at 9:00am in the Briar Woods High School cafeteria. This truly is a rewarding and fun opportunity. Flyer>>
Enter your home in the Broadlands 6th Annual Holiday Home Decorating Contest! Judging will take place during the evenings of December 8 – 12. Winning entries will be listed in the Broadlands Newsletter and website.
1st Place: $100; 2nd Place: $75; 3rd Place: $50
Judging is based on creativity, arrangement, special effects and overall appearance.
***Deadline ended*** Entries must be received NO LATER than 5PM on Friday, December 6. See Contest Rules below.
- Contest is free to enter and is open to homes located within Broadlands Association only.
- Contest is limited to what can be seen from the street side of the house at night.
- People or live animals are not allowed as part of display.
- Participants are requested to keep their houses decorated through January 1st, so the community may view and enjoy them.
- Judging will take place during December 8 – 12 from dusk until 9 pm. Please have your decorations turned on by 5 pm.
- Winners will be notified on December 13, 2019. Judges decisions are final.
3rd-5th Graders Halloween Party! Friday, October 25, 6:00-8:00pm at the Community Center DETAILS>>
Halloween Parade! ***Due to impending weather, this event will be held indoors, but not to worry, all activities will be offered inside the Community Center.*** Sunday October 27, 3-4:30pm. DETAILS>>
Congratulations to this year’s winners of the Annual Halloween Home Decorating Contest!
- 1st place – 42937 Ellzey Drive
- 2nd place – 42792 Vestals Gap Drive
- 3rd place – 21321 Marsh Creek
- Honorable mentions: 21285 Hidden Pond and 42853 Sandhurst
- Check out all participating homes HERE>>
The tot lot adjacent to 21545 and 21549 Glebe View Drive is scheduled for replacement beginning Wednesday, October 23rd and will be closed during construction. PlayMark, Inc. will be installing the replacement.