Family Camp Out at the Nature Center Tonight, click to sign up: June 30
Every month now through October, we will have two Friday camp outs per month. This will allow you to come and pitch a tent, enjoy S’mores and a fire pit, come inside and pet the animals and have bedtime stories. You can come to the Nature Center lawn and pitch your tent at 4:00pm, but we don’t light the fire until around 7:00pm. Kids have night games in the lawn and, when the weather is hot, we get out all of the water toys. If you want to come and enjoy the evening but don’t have the camping equipment we would love to have you. Costs are only $10.00 per family. These costs remain the same if you camp out or not as they cover the wood and marshmallows.
Stars & Stripes Parade and Holiday Pool Party
Saturday, July 1st:
- 4:00 pm – Start the party at Hillside Park by joining the parade! Sport your red, white, and blue gear and decorate your bikes and strollers to acknowledge Independence Day. We’ll walk, ride and stroll to the Stars and Stripes Pool Party.
- 5:00 pm – 11:00 pm at the Southern Walk Pool – See flyer for details: 2017 BWHS Stars & Stripes Pool Party Flyer
CONNECT WITH BROADLANDS!
We are excited to announce the launch of the Broadlands Mobile App to help you stay updated and informed on important community announcements and events.
Some of the exciting features included on the app are:
- Announcements – stay current on important activities and events in the community
- Notifications – receive alerts related to the pool, community events, emergencies, trash and recycling and general announcements (you choose the alerts you wish to receive)
- Calendar – shows all the upcoming neighborhood events
- Pool Pass – allows you to add your pool pass to the app. Present it to the lifeguard and never worry about forgetting or losing your pool pass again! Parents: you can also add your kids’ passes to the app
To download the app, go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store on your mobile device and search for “Broadlands HOA.”
Or scan this QR code:
If you have any questions or comments about the app, please contact Dan Mattock of the Technology Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
App Flyer: Broadlands HOA App Announcement
Native Plants Projects Flyer 2017
Get some ideas about incorporating native plants into your HOA’s landscape by seeing what a local HOA is doing on their property! The Broadlands HOA has initiated several projects to manage their common areas more sustainably. We’ll meet at the Nature Center and then walk/drive to the nearby native plant garden.
You can sign up for the tour at two different time slots: REGISTER HERE>>
8:30am – 10:00am
4:00pm – 5:30pm
Come celebrate the beginning of summer with your friends at the Southern Walk Pool ! All rising 6th, 7th and 8th grade Broadlands residents and their guests are welcome! Enjoy music by a DJ,pizza, drinks and lots of treats…and join the fun! We’ll have a game truck, photo booth, and many other surprises.
Last day to take advantage of our after hours pool pass processing: Sat, Jun 3: 10:00 am – NOON
Pool pass pictures are normally taken at the HOA office in the Nature Center from 9:00am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday throughout the summer.
For more information on accessing the Broadlands pools, see DETAILS>>
Summer 2017 Lifeguard Job Flyer
Patriot Disposal will NOT be providing ANY trash or yard waste pickup services on Monday, May 29th, Memorial Day. The I-95 Fairfax County facility had to close its facilities due to a fire and therefore the Fairfax County facility on I-66 has stopped accepting out-of-county trash. The Loudoun County landfill is closed on Memorial Day and without the I-66 facility, Patriot Disposal does not have a location to unload the trash. Trash pickup will resume on Thursday that week and yard waste pickup will resume on Monday the following week.
Supervisor Ron Meyer is hosting a Town Meeting for Broadlands on May 23rd at 6:30pm. It will be held at Eagle Ridge Middle School in the cafeteria. All issues regarding Broadlands and Loudoun County in general are welcome to be discussed.
******Due to the rainy weather, Broadlands Live will be moved across the street to the Broadlands Community Center, 43004 Waxpool Road!******
Check out Broadlandslive.com for details!