Broadlands owns 17 playgrounds throughout the community, offering a wide variety of play structures for residents ages two to twelve years old. These structures are replaced on a rotating basis based on age, wear and tear, hazards, and reserve fund availability. Many factors are taken into consideration when proposing upgrades, including the size and layout of the space and all accessibility requirements that must be followed, funds allocated for the upgrade, and a desire to provide diverse equipment within the community. We plan to upgrade three tot lots in 2022. The design plans are included below for resident review and input. Please provide any questions or feedback by July 31, 2022 via phone at 703-520-9905 or email Sarah@broadlandshoa.com.
Proposed Tot Lot Renderings and Specs:
Description of Upgrades & Map of Locations:
- Area 1 – Overland Park (Near 21447 Overland Park Drive)
- ages 5-12, structure with net climber, wall climber and Viper Slide
- Area 2 – Meander Crossing (also known as Cottontail Corner – off path behind 42847 & 42835 Meander Crossing)
- ages 5-12, structure with 2 viper slides, tree branch climber, wall climber, 3 in a row panel, crazy maze panel. Net climber for smaller age group
- Area 3 – Wingfoot Drive (also known as Beaverdam Woods – off trail behind 21804 Wingfoot Court)
- ages 5-12, structure with 2 viper slides, cyclone spinner, twist net climber, Arch climber
As a reminder there will be a public meeting for the Hyde Park application as part of the Planning Commission’s Work Session on Thursday, July 14th, at 6:00pm in the Board Room at the Loudoun County Government Center (1 Harrison Street SE, Leesburg, Virginia 20177). There is no public comment at a work session, but residents are welcome to watch. They can do so in person, via their cable or satellite TV provider, or online at Loudoun.gov/meetings and clicking “In progress” once the meeting begins at 6:00pm.
The Hyde Park Packet is available at: https://loudoun.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=86&event_id=3440&meta_id=213806. The updates to the application since the Planning Commission Public Hearing are listed on pages 4 to 7. They include a proffer for a study and signal (if warranted) at the Broadlands Boulevard and Education Court/Stonewheel Way intersection, a reduction of three units to a total of 792, and additional parking spaces in the southwest corner of the proposal.
Results of July 14th Work Session:
At their meeting on July 14th, the Planning Commission forwarded the Hyde Park application to the Board of Supervisors with a recommendation of approval in a 6-2-1 vote (6 Commissioners in favor of approval, 2 against approval, 1 absent). The application is now scheduled to appear at the Board of Supervisors Public Hearing on Wednesday, September 14th at 6:00pm in the Board Room of the Loudoun County Government Center (1 Harrison Street SE, Leesburg, Virginia 20177). The discussion from the Planning Commission Work Session can be viewed from the 14:32 to the 1:26:07 minute mark via this link: loudoun.granicus.com/player/clip/7003?view_id=86&meta_id=214066&redirect=true
Join the Meeting Jun 28, 2022 06:00 PM
TOPIC: Proposed Traffic Calming Committee Seeking Volunteers: The Loudoun County Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure (DTCI) performed engineering studies on Chickacoan Trail Drive, Demott Drive, Glebe View Drive, Ridgeway Drive, and Village Drive. Traffic and speed data on all but Village Drive met the qualifications to develop conceptual plans for traffic calming measures. We are looking for residents in the affected areas interested promoting traffic calming to review the information and help distribute information to all affected owners in preparation for the survey that VDOT will put out later this year. There are a total of 1,239 residents broken out into smaller sections that are affected by these areas. In each section, more than 50% support will be required to implement the recommended traffic calming measures.
Please review the following information and see if you are on the affected property list and join the June 28th VDOT Traffic Calming Task Force Virtual Meeting using the Zoom links below:
JOIN ZOOM MEETING: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81447884026?pwd=Q3NIbDNhZ21nZTYyWGdtUkRuL2pnQT09
- Meeting ID: 814 4788 4026
- Passcode: 470897
One tap mobile:
- +16465588656,,81447884026#,,,,*470897# US (New York)
- +13017158592,,81447884026#,,,,*470897# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location:
- +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)
- +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- Meeting ID: 814 4788 4026
- Passcode: 470897
- Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kd0WcDHWHY