The HOA office and Nature Center will close at noon on Tuesday, July 3rd and remain closed on Wednesday, July 4th in observance of the holiday. There will be a Modification Subcommittee meeting on Tuesday, July 3rd. The office will reopen at 9am on Thursday, July 5th.
STOP! Are you planning on adding or making any changes to the exterior of your home or property? Changes, additions and improvements need approval, whether they physically touch your home or not! Before making any modification change, addition or improvement to the exterior of your home, an application is required for the Modifications Subcommittee to review. Please read the following process for submitting modifications to the HOA Modifications Subcommittee for approval. If in doubt an application is needed, please contact Robin Crews, Modifications and Resale Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 520-9902 for any questions.
Declarations for Broadlands Association Article 7, Section 7.5 (a) – Additions, Alterations, or Improvements by the Owners Subsection Approval requires that “No person shall make any addition, alteration, or improvement in or to any Lot or any portion of the Property… which is visible from the exterior of the Lot or such portion of the Property, without the prior written consent of the Covenants Committee.”
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR YOUR MODIFICATION
It is the owner’s responsibility and obligation to obtain all applicable permits and licenses, contact Miss Utility and construct the improvements in conformance with all related building and zoning codes.
1. Application Form (must submit)
The following 2-page application form must accompany the submission requirements. To complete this form, please download to your computer by doing a ‘save as’ before entering your information, otherwise your data will not be saved and the form will be blank. A separate application must be submitted for each project, unless they are related:
2. Review Guidelines & Submission (don’t get rejected, include ALL requirements), read more>>
It is extremely important to review the “Guidelines by Project” below to review the specific guidelines and submission requirements for your specific project. These submission requirements must be submitted along with the 2-page application form. Please also review the Modifications Subcommittee and the Review_Process.
YOU MUST INCLUDE ALL REQUESTED SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE REVIEWED. General requirements include, but may not be limited to: General Requirements List. Please Note: (1) Remember to download the applications to your computer (save as) and check that your information has been saved on the form. (2) A separate application is required for each project. Please do not combine projects on one application unless you have related modifications to be built at the same time such as a screened porch and deck combo.
Plat (Description & Samples) if applicable
3. Submit Full Submission, read more>>
Submit completed application(s) AND all requested submission requirements. See submission deadlines for corresponding meeting dates above. Failure to include all documentation will delay review of an application. You may submit the complete submission packet to the HOA office at the Nature Center via the following options:
Email to: Robin Crews at Rcrews@broadlandshoa.com – Please attach application and all documentation. If possible, combine into one pdf file. Please confirm receipt!
Drop Off (outside of NC building): Please use either the green drop box to the left side of the the Nature Center building or the white box to the right of the front door.
Mail: Broadlands Association, Modifications and Resale Manager, 21907 Claiborne Parkway, Broadlands, VA 20148.
4. Results & Questions, read more>>
The result letter(s) will be delivered via the resident’s email provided on the application normally within one week of the meeting. If you do not receive your results letter, please check your junk/spam folder. Emails will be sent from email@example.com should you wish to add this email address to your contact list to ensure prompt delivery.
If you have not received your result letter or have questions related to your project, please contact Robin Crews, Modifications and Resale Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-520-9902.
GUIDELINES BY PROJECT (Alphabetical Order), read more>>
Below is an alphabetical list of possible projects. Click on the project link to review the design guidelines that are required when submitting to the Modifications Subcommittee. Where the term “shall” or “must” are used, the statement constitutes a mandatory requirement. Where the terms “preferred” or “should” are used, the statement constitutes informational direction provided for the guidance and convenience of Applicants but may not be a necessary component for approval.
- Additions and Alterations(Major)
- Air Conditioners & Heat Pumps – Updated Nov 2016
- Antennas and Satellite Dishes
- Art Work
- Attic Ventilators
- Basketball Goals & Courts – Updated Sep 2018
- Chimneys flues
- Color Changes
- Compost Bins
- Decks – Updated Oct 2020
- Dog Houses Runs
- Driveways – Updated Nov 2016
- Driveway Extension Diagrams
- Fences – Updated Sep 2019
- Flags Flagpoles
- GEO Thermal Heating-Cooling System – Updated Mar 2017
- Gutters and Downspouts – Updated Oct 2015
- House Numbers – Updated Apr 2017
- Landscaping Guidelines – Updated Jul 2018
- Lighting – Updated Apr 2019
- Mailboxes – Updated Apr 2017
- Patios – Updated Feb 2020
- Play Equipment – Updated Jul 2014
- Porch/Screened Porch
- Rain Barrels
- Security Devices – Updated Sep 2019
- Sidewalks and Walkways
- Signs – Updated Nov 2020
- Solar Collectors – Updated Aug 2020
- Spas and Hot Tubs – Updated Sep 2020
- Storage Sheds – Updated Jul 2021
- Swimming Pools (temp guidelines) – May 2021
- Trash Enclosures – Updated Mar 2017
- Tree Removal – Updated Jun 2016
- Trellises and Arbors
- Windows – Updated Aug 2017
2022 MEETINGS: Dates, Deadlines & Zoom Meeting link
- Meetings will be virtual until further notice…
- Join Zoom Meeting at: https://rdc-s111.zoom.us/j/96461229409?pwd=TkREdGo1cUNQOEgwdEplWWEvUS91UT09
- Meeting ID: 964 6122 9409
- Passcode: 049828
- One tap mobile or dial by your location
- +16468769923,,96461229409# US (New York)
- +13017158592,,96461229409# US (Washington DC)
- Find your local number: https://rdc-s111.zoom.us/u/acwVY7CZl
- Submission deadline is at 12:00pm (noon) on dates listed. Meetings are held at 7:00 pm on the dates listed in the chart. You are not required to attend.
- March thru October – Meetings are held 1st & 3rd Wednesdays
- November thru February – Meetings are held only on 3rd Wednesdays
|Submission Deadline (Noon)||Jan-Jun Meeting Dates*||Submission Deadline (Noon)||Jul-Dec Meeting Dates*|
|Jan 12||Jan 19||Jun 29||Jul 6|
|Feb 9||Feb 16||Jul 13||Jul 20|
|Feb 23||Mar 2||Jul 27||Aug 3|
|Mar 9||Mar 16||Aug 10||Aug 17|
|Mar 30||Apr 6||Aug 31||Sep 7|
|Apr 13||Apr 20||Sep 14||Sep 21|
|Apr 27||May 4||Sep 28||Oct 5|
|May 11||May 18||Oct 12||Oct 19|
|May 25||Jun 1||Nov 9||Nov 16|
|Jun 8||Jun 15||Dec 7||Dec 14|
RESIDENTS MUST APPLY FOR THE TREE REMOVAL!
The HOA does NOT endorse or pre-approve any company for executing any type of service hired by residents. Approval is required to remove any tree, either dead or alive, whose trunk measures 4” or more in diameter when measured at the height of 4’ from the ground. Please read: Tree Removal Guideline Details>>
BRANCHES NEED A TRIM?
Property owners are permitted to trim their own trees and vegetation and engage in self-help by cutting back branches and roots of neighboring trees and vegetation to the property line WITHOUT needing permission from the HOA. However, property owners must be careful when doing so. They may not enter the tree owner’s property when engaging in self-help, and they must be careful not to weaken the tree as to cause damage to the tree owner’s property. It is wise to get a professional arborist’s opinion if cutting and let their expertise guide your decision and also contract for routine inspection of your trees as well.