The HOA office and Nature Center will close at noon on Tuesday, July 3rd and remain closed on Wednesday, July 4th in observance of the holiday. There will be a Modification Subcommittee meeting on Tuesday, July 3rd. The office will reopen at 9am on Thursday, July 5th.
Are you planning on adding or making any changes to the exterior of your home or property? Please review the information below on the process for submitting modifications to the HOA Modifications Subcommittee for approval.
SUBMISSION DEADLINES AND MEETINGS>>
- Modifications Subcommittee Review Meetings are held at 7:00 pm on the dates listed in the chart. You are NOT required to attend.
- Submission deadline is at 12:00pm (noon) on dates listed.
- March thru October – Meetings are held 1st & 3rd Wednesdays
- November thru February – Meetings are held only on 3rd Wednesdays
|Submission Deadline (Noon)||2020 Meeting Dates*|
|June 24||July 1|
|July 8||July 15|
|July 29||August 5|
|August 12||August 19|
|August 26||September 2|
|September 9||September 16|
|September 30||October 7|
|October 14||October 21|
|November 11||November 18|
|December 9||December 16|
Next Meeting will be held via Zoom. You may attend virtually at the following link: https://rdc-s111.zoom.us/j/93831528162?pwd=U2N5TlFMdzdCZzFFWjN3SDlCUXJzdz09
- Join Zoom Meeting: 938 3152 8162
- Meeting ID: Password: 418635
- One tap mobile: +13017158592,,93831528162# US (Germantown)
- Dial by your location: Find your local number: https://rdc-s111.zoom.us/u/ajahmPN65
STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE FOR MODIFICATION SUBMISSIONS>>
It is the owner’s responsibility and obligation to obtain all applicable permits and licenses, contact Miss Utility and construct the improvements in conformance with all related building and zoning codes.
2. COMPLETE APPLICATION>>
Modification Application Form – (fillable) Please be sure to complete pages 1 and 2 of this application form for each project.
3. REVIEW YOUR SUBMISSION>>
YOU MUST INCLUDE ALL REQUESTED SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE REVIEWED. General requirements include, but may not be limited to: General Requirements List Please Note: A separate application is required for each project. Please do not combine projects on one application unless you have related modifications to be built at the same time such as a screened porch and deck combo.
4. SUBMIT FULL SUBMISSION>>
See submission deadlines for corresponding meeting dates above. Submit completed application(s) AND all requested submission requirements. Failure to include all documentation will delay review of an application.
You may submit the complete submission packet to the HOA office at the Nature Center via:
• Email to: Rcrews@broadlandshoa.com
• Mail/drop off to: Broadlands Association, Secretary to the Modifications Subcommittee, 21907 Claiborne Parkway, Broadlands, VA 20148
• After-hours drop off: Please use the green drop box outside the Nature Center (to the left of the front door) for after hour submissions. (office hours 9:00am to 5:00pm)
The result letter(s) will be delivered via the resident’s email provided on the application normally within one week of the meeting. If you do not receive your results letter, please check your junk/spam folder or contact the HOA office at 703-729-9704, option 3. Emails will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to add this email address to your contact list to ensure prompt delivery.
If you are unable to find your answers on the website, please contact Robin Crews at email@example.com or 703-520-9902.
DETAILED GUIDELINES BY PROJECT (Alphabetical Order)>>
- Additions and Alterations(Major)
- Air Conditioners & Heat Pumps – Updated Nov 2016
- Antennas and Satellite Dishes (1)
- Art Work
- Attic Ventilators
- Basketball Goals & Courts – Updated Sep 2018
- Chimneys flues
- Color Changes
- Compost Bins
- Decks – Updated Feb 2020
- Dog Houses Runs
- Driveways – Updated Nov 2016
- Driveway Extension Diagrams
- Fences – Updated Sep 2019
- Flags Flagpoles
- GEO Thermal Heating-Cooling System – New Mar 2017
- Gutters and Downspouts – Updated Oct 2015
- House numbers – Updated Apr 2017
- Landscaping Guidelines – Updated Jul 2018
- Lighting – Updated Apr 2019
- Mailboxes – Updated Apr 2017
- Patios – Updated Feb 2020
- Play Equipment – Updated Jul 2014
- Porch/Screened Porch
- Rain Barrels
- Security Devices – Updated Sep 2019
- Sidewalks and Walkways
- Signs – Updated Sep 2015
- Solar Collectors
- Spas and Hot Tubs
- Storage Sheds – Updated Jul 2018
- Swimming Pools – June 2020 (Temporarily Updated for COVID-19)
- Trash Enclosures – Updated Mar 2017
- Tree Removal – Updated Jun 2016 –
- Trellises and Arbors
- Windows – Updated Aug 2017
OTHER RELATED DOCUMENTS>>
- ARE YOU SELLING YOUR HOME
- Detailed Documentation – Decks, Patios, Major Additions, Sheds, etc
- TREE REMOVAL: Residents must apply for tree removal! The HOA does not endorse or give blanket approval for tree removal companies. Approval is required to remove any tree either dead or alive whose trunk measures 4” or more in diameter when measured at the height of 4’ from the ground.