Modifications Subcommittee Volunteer Opportunity
The Modifications Subcommittee is seeking a volunteer to join their dynamic group of individuals immediately. As a member, you will help maintain aesthetics and encourage consistency throughout the community. If you are interested in joining this committee please email Robin Crews, Resale/ Modifications Manager at email@example.com or call at 703-520-9902.
STOP! Are you planning on updating the exterior of your home or lot? Changes, additions or improvements made to the exterior of your home and lot need approval first before beginning your project! Before making any modifications, an application is required for the Modifications Subcommittee to review. Please review ALL INFORMATION below on how to get approval for your project. If in doubt of the requirements, please contact Robin Crews, Modifications and Resale Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 520-9902 for any questions.
DESIGN GUIDELINES & SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS BY PROJECT (please read first!)
Don’t get rejected, include ALL requirements! All applications require General Requirements, however, please click on your project link below to ensure you are submitting the full requirements to the Modifications Subcommittee. The requirements listed for your project must be submitted along with pages 1 & 2 of the application form. Where the term “shall” or “must” are used, the statement constitutes a mandatory requirement. Where the terms “preferred” or “should” are used, the statement constitutes informational direction provided for the guidance and convenience of Applicants but may not be a necessary component for approval.
Read your project’s design guidelines and submission requirements:
- Additions and Alterations(Major)
- Air Conditioners & Heat Pumps – Updated Nov 2016
- Antennas and Satellite Dishes
- Art Work
- Attic Ventilators
- Basketball Goals & Courts – Updated Sep 2018
- Chimneys flues
- Color Changes
- Compost Bins
- Decks – Updated Apr 2022
- Decks-Broadlands Station TH Sec 200, Ph 1/ 2 – Updated Aug 2013
- Decks-privacy screen.diagram
- Decks-Townhouse Section List
- Dog Houses Runs
- Doors – Updated Feb 2022
- Driveways – Updated Nov 2016
- Driveway Extension Diagrams
- Fences – Updated Apr 2022
- Fences-North End Townhouse Fence Diagram
- Fences-South End Townhouse Fence Diagram
- Fences-Overland Park Front Picket Fence Diagram
- Fences-Metal Fence Diagram – Sep 2019
- Flags Flagpoles
- GEO Thermal Heating-Cooling System – Updated Mar 2017
- Gutters and Downspouts – Updated Oct 2015
- House Numbers – Updated Apr 2017
- Landscaping Guidelines – Updated Feb 2022
- Lighting – Updated Apr 2019
- Mailboxes – Updated Apr 2017
- Patios – Updated Feb 2020
- Play Equipment – Updated Mar 2023
- Porch/Screened Porch
- Rain Barrels
- Roofing – Updated Dec 2022
- Security Devices – Updated Sep 2019
- Sidewalks and Walkways
- Signs – Updated Sep 2022
- Solar Collectors – Updated Aug 2020
- Spas and Hot Tubs – Updated Sep 2020
- Storage Sheds – Updated Dec 2022
- Swimming Pools (temp guidelines) – May 2021
- Trash Enclosures – Updated Mar 2017
- Tree Removal – Updated Jun 2016
- Trellises and Arbors
- Windows – Updated Aug 2017
- Plat (Description & Samples) if applicable
- Revisions to the above projects – updated Mar 2023
Declarations for Broadlands Association Article 7, Section 7.5 (a) – Additions, Alterations, or Improvements by the Owners Subsection Approval requires that “No person shall make any addition, alteration, or improvement in or to any Lot or any portion of the Property… which is visible from the exterior of the Lot or such portion of the Property, without the prior written consent of the Covenants Committee.” It is the owner’s responsibility and obligation to obtain all applicable permits and licenses, contact Miss Utility and construct the improvements in conformance with all related building and zoning codes. Please review Modifications Subcommittee and the Review_Process.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR YOUR MODIFICATION
1. Application Form, click>>
- First, review the DESIGN GUIDELINES & SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS above and click on your project’s guidelines and submission requirements before proceeding.
- Then the click the blue button below to download the 2-page application form. To complete this form, please download to your computer by doing a ‘save as’ before entering your information, otherwise your data will not be saved and the form will be blank. A separate application must be submitted for each project, unless they are related:
2. Submit Full Submission, click>>
- A Full Submission includes both the Modification Application 2-page form AND the submission requirement documentation listed for your project in link at the top, DESIGN GUIDELINES & SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS. See submission deadlines for corresponding meeting dates below. Failure to include all documentation will delay review of an application. You may submit the complete submission packet to the HOA office at the HOA office via the following options:
- Email to: Robin Crews at Rcrews@broadlandshoa.com – Please attach application and all documentation. If possible, combine into one pdf file. Please confirm receipt!
- Drop Off (outside of HOA building): Please use either the green drop box to the left side of the the HOA building or the white box to the right of the front door.
- Mail: Broadlands Association, Modifications and Resale Manager, 21907 Claiborne Parkway, Broadlands, VA 20148.
3. Results & Questions, click>>
The result letter(s) will be delivered via the resident’s email provided on the application normally within one week of the meeting. If you do not receive your results letter, please check your junk/spam folder. Emails will be sent from email@example.com should you wish to add this email address to your contact list to ensure prompt delivery.
If you have not received your result letter or have questions related to your project, please contact Robin Crews, Modifications and Resale Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-520-9902.
2023 MEETINGS: Dates, Deadlines & Zoom Meeting link
Join Zoom Meeting
Zoom Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81327585586?pwd=RStucmh0WVg4RFpHaTE5LzNlYWxDQT09
- Meeting ID: 813 2758 5586
- Passcode: 704345
- One tap mobile
- +13092053325,,81327585586#,,,,*704345# US
- +13126266799,,81327585586#,,,,*704345# US (Chicago)
- Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kexeini3wq
Deadline and Meeting Dates: Submission deadline is at 12:00pm (noon) on dates listed. Meetings are held at 7:00 pm on the dates listed in the chart. You are not required to attend.
- March thru October – Meetings are held 1st & 3rd Wednesdays
- November thru February – Meetings are held only on 3rd Wednesdays
|Submission Deadline (Noon)||Jan-Jun Meeting Dates*||Submission Deadline (Noon)||Jul-Dec Meeting Dates*|
|Jan 11||Jan 18||Jun 28||Jul 5|
|Feb 8||Feb 15||Jul 12||Jul 19|
|Feb 22||Mar 2*change||Jul 26||Aug 2|
|Mar 8||Mar 15||Aug 9||Aug 16|
|Mar 29||Apr 5||Aug 30||Sep 6|
|Apr 12||Apr 19||Sep 13||Sep 20|
|Apr 26||May 4*change||Sep 27||Oct 4|
|May 10||May 17||Oct 11||Oct 18|
|May 31||Jun 6*change||Nov 8||Nov 15|
|Jun 14||Jun 21||Dec 6||Dec 13|
OTHER RELATED DOCUMENTS, read more>>
- Plat (Description & Samples)
- Association Right to Access Properties – Declaration 5.3 Easement for Upkeep (a) Association Access
- Design_Guidelines Overview
- Are You Selling Your Home?
- Detailed Documentation – Decks, Patios, Major Additions, Sheds, etc
RESIDENTS MUST APPLY FOR THE TREE REMOVAL!
The HOA does NOT endorse or pre-approve any company for executing any type of service hired by residents. Approval is required to remove any tree, either dead or alive, whose trunk measures 4” or more in diameter when measured at the height of 4’ from the ground. Please read: Tree Removal Guideline Details>>
BRANCHES NEED A TRIM?
Property owners are permitted to trim their own trees and vegetation and engage in self-help by cutting back branches and roots of neighboring trees and vegetation to the property line WITHOUT needing permission from the HOA. However, property owners must be careful when doing so. They may not enter the tree owner’s property when engaging in self-help, and they must be careful not to weaken the tree as to cause damage to the tree owner’s property. It is wise to get a professional arborist’s opinion if cutting and let their expertise guide your decision and also contract for routine inspection of your trees as well.
You must be logged in to post a comment.