Are you planning on adding or making any changes to the exterior of your home or property? Please review the information below on the process for submitting modifications to the HOA Modifications Subcommittee for approval.
Residents must apply for tree removal! The HOA does NOT endorse, give blanket approval or advertise on the HOA website approved companies for executing any type of service. Approval is required to remove any tree, either dead or alive, whose trunk measures 4” or more in diameter when measured at the height of 4’ from the ground. Please read: Tree Removal Guideline Details>>
SUBMISSION DEADLINES, MEETING DATES and LINKS>>
- Submission deadline is at 12:00pm (noon) on dates listed.
- March thru October – Meetings are held 1st & 3rd Wednesdays
- November thru February – Meetings are held only on 3rd Wednesdays
- Meetings are held at 7:00 pm on the dates listed in the chart. You are NOT required to attend.
|Submission Deadline (Noon)||2020 Meeting Dates*|
|June 24||July 1|
|July 8||July 15|
|July 29||August 5|
|August 12||August 19|
|August 26||September 2|
|September 9||September 16|
|September 30||October 7|
|October 14||October 21|
|November 11||November 18|
|December 9||December 16|
Next Meeting will be held via Zoom. You may attend virtually at the following link:
Meeting ID: 938 3152 8162; Password: 418635; One tap mobile: +13017158592 (Germantown); Dial by your location: https://rdc-s111.zoom.us/u/ajahmPN65
If you are having trouble accessing the meeting through the link below, please copy and paste the following in your browser: https://rdc-s111.zoom.us/j/93831528162?pwd=U2N5TlFMdzdCZzFFWjN3SDlCUXJzdz09
APPLY FOR MODIFICATION SUBMISSIONS (Step-by-Step Process & Application Form)>>
It is the owner’s responsibility and obligation to obtain all applicable permits and licenses, contact Miss Utility and construct the improvements in conformance with all related building and zoning codes.
1. REVIEW GUIDELINES>>
- It is extremely important to review the “Guidelines by Project” below to review the specific guidelines and submission requirements for your project. These submission requirements must be submitted along with the 2-page application form found in Step 2 below. Please also review the Modifications Subcommittee and the Review_Process.
- Plat (Description & Samples) if applicable
2. APPLICATION FORM>>
- The following 2-page application form must accompany the submission requirements: Modification Application Form – (fillable)
- To complete this form, please download to your computer by doing a ‘save as’ before entering your information, otherwise your data will not be saved and the form will be blank.
- A separate application must be submitted for each project, unless they are related.
3. REVIEW YOUR SUBMISSION>>
YOU MUST INCLUDE ALL REQUESTED SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE REVIEWED. General requirements include, but may not be limited to: General Requirements List Please Note: (1) Remember to download the applications to your computer (save as) and check that your information has been saved on the form. (2) A separate application is required for each project. Please do not combine projects on one application unless you have related modifications to be built at the same time such as a screened porch and deck combo.
4. SUBMIT FULL SUBMISSION>>
Submit completed application(s) AND all requested submission requirements. See submission deadlines for corresponding meeting dates above. Failure to include all documentation will delay review of an application. You may submit the complete submission packet to the HOA office at the Nature Center via:
- Email to: Rcrews@broadlandshoa.com – Please attach application and all documentation. If possible, combine into one pdf file. Please confirm receipt!
- Mail: Broadlands Association, Secretary to the Modifications Subcommittee, 21907 Claiborne Parkway, Broadlands, VA 20148.
- Drop Off (outside of building): Please use either the green drop box to the left side of the the Nature Center building or the white box to the right of the front door.
The result letter(s) will be delivered via the resident’s email provided on the application normally within one week of the meeting. If you do not receive your results letter, please check your junk/spam folder or contact the HOA office at 703-729-9704, option 3. Emails will be sent from email@example.com should you wish to add this email address to your contact list to ensure prompt delivery.
If you are unable to find your answers on the website, please contact Robin Crews at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-520-9902.
GUIDELINES BY PROJECT (Alphabetical Order)>>
Below is an alphabetical list of possible projects. Click on the project link to review the design guidelines that are required when submitting to the Modifications Subcommittee. Where the term “shall” or “must” are used, the statement constitutes a mandatory requirement. Where the terms “preferred” or “should” are used, the statement constitutes informational direction provided for the guidance and convenience of Applicants but may not be a necessary component for approval.
- Additions and Alterations(Major)
- Air Conditioners & Heat Pumps – Updated Nov 2016
- Antennas and Satellite Dishes
- Art Work
- Attic Ventilators
- Basketball Goals & Courts – Updated Sep 2018
- Chimneys flues
- Color Changes
- Compost Bins
- Decks – Updated Feb 2020
- Dog Houses Runs
- Driveways – Updated Nov 2016
- Driveway Extension Diagrams
- Fences – Updated Sep 2019
- Flags Flagpoles
- GEO Thermal Heating-Cooling System – Updated Mar 2017
- Gutters and Downspouts – Updated Oct 2015
- House Numbers – Updated Apr 2017
- Landscaping Guidelines – Updated Jul 2018
- Lighting – Updated Apr 2019
- Mailboxes – Updated Apr 2017
- Patios – Updated Feb 2020
- Play Equipment – Updated Jul 2014
- Porch/Screened Porch
- Rain Barrels
- Security Devices – Updated Sep 2019
- Sidewalks and Walkways
- Signs – Updated Sep 2015
- Solar Collectors – Updated Aug 2020
- Spas and Hot Tubs – Updated Sep 2020
- Storage Sheds – Updated Jul 2018
- Swimming Pools – June 2020 (Temporarily Updated for COVID-19)
- Trash Enclosures – Updated Mar 2017
- Tree Removal – Updated Jun 2016
- Trellises and Arbors
- Windows – Updated Aug 2017
OTHER RELATED DOCUMENTS>>
- Design_Guidelines Overview
- Are You Selling Your Home?
- Detailed Documentation – Decks, Patios, Major Additions, Sheds, etc
- TREE REMOVAL: Residents must apply for tree removal! The HOA does not endorse or give blanket approval for tree removal companies. Approval is required to remove any tree either dead or alive whose trunk measures 4” or more in diameter when measured at the height of 4’ from the ground.