Are you planning on adding or making any changes to the exterior of your home or property? Please review the information below on the process for submitting modifications to the HOA Modifications Subcommittee for approval. Upon review, if you have additional questions, please email Robin Crews at email@example.com or 703-729-9704, ext 101. In-person meetings available by appointment only. SPECIAL NOTICE: Residents must apply for tree removal! The HOA does not endorse or give blanket approval for tree removal companies. Approval is required to remove any tree either dead or alive whose trunk measures 4” or more in diameter when measured at the height of 4’ from the ground. Please review guidelines below.
SUBMISSION DEADLINES AND MEETINGS
- March thru October – 1st and 3rd Wednesdays
- November thru February – 3rd Wednesdays ONLY
- Submission deadlines are at Noon on dates listed above
STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE FOR MODIFICATION SUBMISSIONS
It is the owner’s responsibility and obligation to obtain all applicable permits and licenses, contact Miss Utility and construct the improvements in conformance with all applicable building and zoning codes.
- REVIEW GUIDELINES: Scroll down to “GUIDELINES & MODIFICATIONS“ and then under “Detailed Guidelines by Project”, review the specific guidelines and submission requirements for your project.
- COMPLETE APPLICATION: Modification Application Form – (fillable) Please be sure to complete pages 1 and 2 of this application form for each project.
- REVIEW YOUR SUBMISSION: YOU MUST INCLUDE ALL REQUESTED SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE REVIEWED. General requirements include, but may not be limited to: General Requirements List Please Note: A separate application is required for each project. Please do not combine projects on one application unless you have related modifications to be built at the same time such as a screened porch and deck combo.
- SUBMIT FULL SUBMISSION BY DEADLINE DATE: See submission deadlines and corresponding meeting dates above. Submit completed application(s) AND all requested submission requirements. Failure to include all documentation will delay review of an application.
You may submit the complete submission packet to the HOA office at the Nature Center via:
• Email to: Rcrews@broadlandshoa.com
• Mail/drop off to: Broadlands Association, Secretary to the Modifications Subcommittee, 21907 Claiborne Parkway, Broadlands, VA 20148
• After-hours drop off: Please use the green drop box outside the Nature Center (to the left of the front door) for after hour submissions. (office hours 9:00am to 5:00pm)
- RESULTS: The result letter(s) will be delivered via the resident’s email provided on the application normally within one week of the meeting. If you do not receive your results letter, please check your junk/spam folder or contact the HOA office at 703-729-9704, option 3. Emails will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to add this email address to your contact list to ensure prompt delivery.
- QUESTIONS: Please contact Robin Crews at email@example.com
GUIDELINES & MODIFICATIONS (Alphabetical Order)
Detailed Guidelines by Project:
- Additions and Alterations(Major)
- Air Conditioners & Heat Pumps – Updated Nov 2016
- Antennas and Satellite Dishes (1)
- Art Work
- Attic Ventilators
- Basketball Goals & Courts – Updated Sep 2018
- Chimneys flues
- Color Changes
- Compost Bins
- Decks – Updated Feb 2020
- Dog Houses Runs
- Driveways – Updated Nov 2016
- Driveway Extension Diagrams
- Fences – Updated Sep 2019
- Flags Flagpoles
- GEO Thermal Heating-Cooling System – New Mar 2017
- Gutters and Downspouts – Updated Oct 2015
- House numbers – Updated Apr 2017
- Landscaping Guidelines – Updated Jul 2018
- Lighting – Updated Apr 2019
- Mailboxes – Updated Apr 2017
- Patios – Updated Feb 2020
- Play Equipment – Updated Jul 2014
- Porch/Screened Porch
- Rain Barrels
- Security Devices – Updated Sep 2019
- Sidewalks and Walkways
- Signs – Updated Sep 2015
- Solar Collectors
- Spas and Hot Tubs
- Storage Sheds – Updated Jul 2018
- Swimming Pools
- Trash Enclosures – Updated Mar 2017
- Tree Removal – Updated Jun 2016
- Trellises and Arbors
- Windows – Updated Aug 2017
OTHER RELATED DOCUMENTS